2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS - Orlando

  • rcarn8aesm
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 8:06 PM

                                                          Contact:  Rudolph Carn – 404-660-0527

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      Monday, April 26, 2013

       2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities is being held in Orlando, Florida

      Atlanta, GeorgiaNAESM, the local Host Committee and participating sponsors to date are preparing to present the 11th edition of the 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities slated for January 16 - 19, 2014 at the Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena South Vista Hotel located at 4955 Kyngs Heath Road, Kissimmee, Florida.

      This year’ conference marks the 11th year of bringing this most important undertaking to Black gay men and our community as a whole.  This is the only National conference for and by Black gay men.  It is with pleasure and grace that we invite you to the 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities in Orlando, Florida from January 16– 19, 2014.  We are looking forward to this being another large turn out with the help of the residents, government officials and the host committee of Orlando and neighboring cities.  We are also excited to introduce the sixth cohort of Creating Responsible Intelligent Black Brothers (CRIBB) Fellowship participants.

      This years’ theme/charge is “’Black is, Black Ain’t’: Celebrating Our Blackness by Living Healthy,”; which explores the idea that Black gay men should celebrate our Blackness by living healthy and, enjoying a fulfilling life.  During the 2014 conference, there will be a continued sense of unity and commitment to an end of HIV.  There is strength in our diversity and we have seen that we, as a community are a powerful force to be reckoned with.  During the 2013, conference we witnessed again how our youth/young Black brothers are maturing and stepping into more prominent leadership roles; as they keep moving forward, we continue to provide them with encouragement and meaningful opportunities for engagement and leadership. This newest generation of leaders comes with inspiration, innovative ideas and the drive to make lasting change among Black Gay men, as well as the overall Black community.  We must not forget our fallen brother Dr. Colomb and encourage, as he did, many young leaders to be the best they can and also keep the community in mind and not self.  I ask that we all take a pledge to be our brother’s keeper and embrace the concept of “Each one, Teach one” through becoming a mentor to a young Black gay man. Without a doubt, we can remove HIV/AIDS and other health disparities from our community.

      NAESM’s mission is to provide national and local leadership to address the myriad of health and wellness issues confronted by Black gay men through advocacy, services, and education.  Conference 2014 will have over 40 abstracts and poster presentations dealing with HIV/AIDS and other health disparities as it relates to African American MSM.

      Conference 2014 expects to attract researchers and clinicians, doctors, youth and young adult’s organizations, people living HIV/AIDS, health care professionals, health and social advocates, international and regional professionals, pharmaceutical companies and churches with an HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities focus.  Scholarships are also awarded to youth and young adults through the application process by visiting our website.

       Registrants have the opportunity to take advantage of the early registration ($275.00) which ends July 31, 2013. Opportunities exist for exhibit booth space and advertising as well as for submission of abstracts, posters, and workshops to be presented at the conference and details are available at www.naesm.org or click on the links below.

      Conference Registration Form
      Online Registration Form
      Please note, there will be no Onsite Registration

      Emerging Leaders Award Nomination Form
      Online Emerging Leaders Award Nomination Application

      Scholarship Application Form
      Online Scholarship Application

      CRIBB Fellowship Application Form
      Online CRIBB Fellowship Application

      Abstract Submission Application Form
      Online Abstract Submission Application

      Sponsor/Exhibitor Application Form
      Online Sponsor/Exhibitor Application

      For more information on the conference please visit www.naesm.org or call headquarters in Atlanta at 404 691 8880.

                                                                         -End-

      Please reply to - rcarn@...

      Thank you for helping remove HIV/AIDS and other health disparities from the African American community.

      Rudolph H. Carn
      Founder & CEO
      NAESM, Inc. - Headquarters
      2140 Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr.
      Atlanta, GA 30310
      Telephone: [404] 691-8880
      Fax: [404] 691-8811
      E-mail: naesm_ceo@...
      Website: www.naesm.org

      Please Do you really need to print this e-mail ?

      The 2014 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities will be in Orlando, FLfrom January 16- 19, 2014. The conference will be held at the Embassy Suites, Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South, located at 4955 Kyng's Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL. Toll Free number is 1-800-551-1841. For more info visit our Website at www.naesm.org. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando, FL in 2014,

      "You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise."

      "Jealousy is what keeps you from being better than the person whom you envy."

      Disclaimer: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or coping of this e-mail, and any attachment thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and printout thereof.