Re: [BYMSMworkgroup] Farewell

  • Dr. Robert Swayzer III
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012
      Best wishes, Alex!

      Dr. Robert Swayzer III
      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 31, 2012, at 2:40 PM, "S. Alex Williams" <alex@...> wrote:

      Colleagues,

      I am writing to inform you that I will be departing from the MOCHA Center at the close of business, today. Though this may be a surprise to many, a transition plan has been developed and the MOCHA Center will continue to collaborate with GMHC to coordinate the efforts of the New York State Taskforce on Black Gay Health (Taskforce). All capacity enhancement and technical assistance activities will continue without interruption.

      I cherish both my time with the MOCHA Center and the relationships that have been nurtured in pursuit of ensuring quality HIV prevention, education care and treatment services for Black MSM, throughout the state of New York. Together, our statewide dialogue has transitioned from a place of uncertainty to paramount as we continue to grapple with high HIV prevalence among Black Gay and Bisexual Men and a soaring incidence of HIV infection among Young Black Gay and Bisexual Men.

      In the interim, please continue to contact Bruce Smail (bsmail@...), Thaddeus Price (tprice@...), Mark Kornegay (markk@...) or John Guidry (johng@...) for Taskforce related matters, capacity enhancement information or technical assistance activities. Please feel free to stay in touch. I may be contacted, via email: alex@.... Take care and be well.

      Alex Williams
    • Anthony galloway