2013 National AA MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS - Los Angeles 1/17-20/13

  • rcarn8aesm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012

      Greetings!

      This year’ conference marks the 10th year of bringing this most important undertaking to Black gay men and our community as a whole.  This is the only National conference for and by Black gay men.  It is with pleasure and grace that we invite you to the 2013 National African American MSM Leadership Conference on HIV/AIDS and other Health Disparities in Los Angeles, CA from January 17– 20, 2013.  We are looking forward to this being another large turn out with the help of the residents, government officials and the host committee of Los Angeles. We are also excited to introduce the fifth Creating Responsible Intelligent Black Brothers (CRIBB) Fellowship participants.  We welcome for the first time a new conference partner this year, UCLA Health, Hope & Healing (H3) conference.  The H3 conference will take place the day before the 2013 conference starts.  Its purpose is to: 1) explore the current research, examining the intersection of behavioral, psychological, socio-cultural, and biomedical risk factors contributing to the HIV epidemic, as well as protective and resiliency factors among Black MSM; 2) Develop and sustain local and national relationships between current and aspiring investigators, and community based participatory research collaborative to advance research and training aimed at reducing HIV among Black MSM; and 3)Generate reports, monographs and manuscripts that document key issues and provide recommendations for future research, programs and funding opportunities.

      “10 Years and the Dialogue Continues” - HIV Prevention as Social Justice for Black Gay Men/MSM 2013 and Beyond is our theme/charge!  During the 2013 conference, there will be a renewed sense of unity and commitment to an end of HIV. There is strength in our diversity and we have seen that we, as a community are a powerful force to be reckoned with.  During the 2012 conference we witnessed again how our youth/young Black brothers are maturing and stepping into more prominent leadership roles; as they keep moving forward, we must continue to provide them with encouragement and meaningful opportunities for engagement and leadership. This newest generation of leaders comes with inspiration, innovative ideas and the drive to make lasting change among Black Gay men, as well as the overall Black community.  We must remember our fallen brother Dr. Colomb and encourage, as he did, many young leaders to be the best they can and also keep community in mind and not self.  I ask that we all take a pledge to be our brother’s keeper and each teach one and/or become a mentor to a young Black gay man.  With that said, “10 Years and the Dialogue Continues” HIV Prevention as Social Justice for Black Gay Men/MSM 2013 and Beyond.  Without doubt, we can remove HIV/AIDS and other health disparities from our community.

      In the conference links, you will find information about abstract submissions, registration information, sponsorship opportunities, scholarship information, and much more!  You can also visit www.naesm.org for additional information about the conference or call (404) 691-8880.

      Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!

      2013 Conference Planning Committee

      Please click on the links below for the appropriate form(s) for the 2013 Conference

      Conference Registration Form

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=gVquRFQ9NmUUATyvhHtnUg

      Please note, there will be no Onsite Registration

      Emerging Leaders Award Nomination Form

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=gnZnYo3DjL72aFKG8TcHZA

      Scholarship Application Form

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=q7VuycG0bD3vKj8f8Ao1RA

      CRIBB Fellowship Application From

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=W-tI3xQoQU5nHjLegMHvoQ

      Abstract Submission Application Form

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=UH2gEUjvaOtj7xFE03lUYQ

      Sponsor/Exhibitor Application Form

      https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=Qb28U-z1K5XbgmEbsGpkVA

      Please note my new email address - rcarn@...

      Thank you for helping remove HIV/AIDS and other health disparities from the African American community.

      Rudolph H. Carn
      Founder & CEO
      NAESM, Inc. - Headquarters
      2140 Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr.
      Atlanta, GA 30310
      Telephone:  [404] 691-8880
      Fax:           [404] 691-8811
      E-mail:        rcarn@...
      Website: www.naesm.org

      Please Do you really need to print this e-mail ?

      This years' conference is dedicated to memory and legacy of Dr. Mark A. Colomb.

      "You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise."

      "Jealousy is what keeps you from being better than the person whom you envy."

      Disclaimer: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or coping of this e-mail, and any attachment thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and printout thereof.