RE: [BYMSMworkgroup] FW: Meeting with Al Forbes regarding the BYMSMCall to A...

  • Kevin Bynes
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
      I agree.

      Kevin E. Bynes, M.Ed.

      Director, Health Promotion Department

      AIDS Project East Bay
      1320 Webster St

      Oakland, California 94612

      510.663.7958

      510.435.4516 (Mobile)

      510.663.7981 (Fax)

      kbynes@...

      http://www.apeb.org

      Combined Federal Campaign number: 34106

      Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. - I Corinthians 13:4 - 8

      From: Mark Mclaurin <mclaurinm@...>

      Sender: BYMSMworkgroup@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:23:12 -0400

      To: BYMSMworkgroup@yahoogroups.com<BYMSMworkgroup@yahoogroups.com>

      ReplyTo: BYMSMworkgroup@yahoogroups.com

      Yall cant be serious !!!!! OF COURSE, the letter goes to the President- Jeff Crowley knows how this works- He is not going to be MAD at us for doing what we have to do- if you want to make sure that he is in the loop by a personal cover to the cc or a heads up phone call or email, by all means, do so- but the idea that Jeff will resent the idea that we wrote to the President on an issue of this magnitude is RIDICULOUS ! He knows what we are facing and he has a limited power to do anything about it- PRESSURE ABOVE HIS HEAD only HELPS HIM in his job- there is not a WORD of complaint about him in the letter- ADDRESS IT TO THE PRESIDENT, cc HIM and lets PLEASE move the hell ON !!!!!

      Mark Jason McLaurin

      Political Director

      S.E.I.U 500

      (301) 740-7100 x 151- Voice

      (240) 477-9608- Cell

      From: Al Forbes <alforbescs@...>
      Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:23:16 -0700 (PDT)
      To: "S. Alex Williams" <alex@...>
      Cc: Roosevelt Mosby <smaacsed@...>, Kevin Bynes <kevinebynes@...>, Rudy Carn <rcarn@...>, Robert Williams <oaktowntre@...>, "ventonjones@..." <ventonjones@...>
      Subject: Re: Meeting with Al Forbes regarding the BYMSM Call to Action Aug. 29, 2011

      Hello,

      I am attaching the draft letter to be sent to the White House.

      Please note that

      1) in addition to the listed CCs the letter will also be sent to CBC and other members of Congress

      2) we need to generate local and national individuals and organizations to sign off on this letter

      3) Alex and I hope that we can send this letter before close of business (COB) on Thursday, ideally by 9am Thursday.  As Friday is a begins a holiday weekend, the next viable mail date would be Tuesday

      Therefore, we are asking each of you to review the letter and make comments and suggested changes in writing by the COB on Wednesday.

      Also start developing a list of potential signers. We or you will need active email addresses to send the letter and/or link.

      Asking the White House to stop the current CDC funding process would jeopardize the available funding, so that was not in the letter. Alex also suggested and I concur that the letter not put any of the concepts we discussed on the call yesterday, until the Campaign Committe has adequate time to vet the campaign details.

      We are moving let's keep up the momentum!

      From: Al Forbes <alforbescs@...>
      Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
      To: "S. Alex Williams" <alex@... >

      Sure. I will attempt to do that today.

      Please take a look at my toth (top of the head) thinking. It is rough, but it can serve as a potential starting point

      From: Al Forbes <alforbescs@...>
      Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
      To: "S. Alex Williams" <alex@...>

      Other names to consider for reviewing or planning a strategy

      Maurice Franklin

      Keith Boykin

      Lamont Evans

      I know I've gone back a ways!  LOL