article I co-authored

  • charles stephens
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008

      Hey you guys. I wanted to share an article that I co-authored with Craig Washington that was published in the National Black Justice Coalition newsletter yesterday for World AIDS Day. The piece in the newsletter was formatted a bit awkwardly, so some of you that have already seen it, might have missed some parts. We are basically rethinking how we as black gay men should approach HIV prevention. Would love your feedback.

      -Charles

    • DR2 Productions
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        Charles:

        I think it is a great piece.  I am actually citing from it on a paper that I am working on for school.  I think the language the two of you used regarding approaches that are outside of the box is an important conversation, particularly when we are very very limited with the behavioral interventions (which increase knowledge, but no so much HIV incidence) that address Black gay men's communities and the lack there of of structural interventions.

        Hopefully this can begin a different type of conversation.

        Robert K. Burns

        Passion: "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...PURSUE THOSE!"