Malik

  • oaktowntre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 6, 2007

      Robert W. Williams, III
      Deputy Director
      SMAAC Youth Center
      1608 Webster Street
      Oakland, CA 94612
      510-834-9578
      fax 834-9590
      www.smaacyouthcenter.org

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Kevin Bynes
      Message 51 of 51 , Jul 9, 2007
        Thank you Montee!

        On 7/7/07, LaMont Montee Jamal Evans <montee@...> wrote:

        Hey Big Brother:

        I see these pics have caused such a stir in conversation, it's good to see those who chimed in and to see that all is well within the beloved community.  I saw that Al highlighted doing national work, may I ask when do we develop core values and a vision for our beloved community to use as a guide?  I certainly enjoyed seeing those pictures, there's nothing more pleasing to the eye than a beautiful Black man and then to have two of them with their clothes off is just good to look at.

        I am not sure if having a conversation NOW about organizations that have ALREADY received funding would be of value at this point.  I think we have all learned by now that once an organization I funded, the conversation about what they should do with their funding is mute unless we're going to be comparing success stories and highlight the good things coming out of that funding source.

        I am grateful to those who share the many articles and findings on this listserv, they certainly serve to keep me abreast of important things in the beloved family.  Kevin, thank you for citing the roles the brothers who chimed in on this conversation hold, the archives will reflect that despite the chatter – we hold those truths to be self-evident: Black SGL Men on this list got it going on…

        Montee

        www.mojaevans.com