Re: My Bullard Line

  • Babbimac@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 1998
      Hi Ya'll

      Well, here is mine. That is with a lot of detail.

      Wright BULLARD
      Nathan BULLARD m. Polly Matilda(CAMP)BULLARD
      Emilly BULLARD(sister to Wright BULLARD)m. James Polk MCADAMS(step-
      brother to Virginia HAYS)
      Walter Bruce MCADAMS m. Opal Alene ALLEN
      Barbara Ann MCADAMS

      Nathan BULLARD Born:6-28-1822 Ill Died: 3-9-1912 Huckabay(Erath
      Co.)Tx.
      Polly Matilda BULLARD Born: 3-23-1824 Died: 12-22-1909 Huckabay(Erath
      Co.)Tx.

      Emily BULLARD Born: 12-3-1853 Ill Died: 2-9-1902 Huckabay(Erath Co.)Tex.
      Married: 9-24-1871
      James P.MCADAMS (CSA)Born:1-20-1845 Ark. Died: 11-15-1894 Huckabay.

      James Marcus MCADAMS Born: 4-12-1888 Huckabay died: 7-7-1978 Lingleville(Erath
      Married: 6-30-1912
      Sarah Indiana Fanning Born:Stephenville(Erath Co)died:7-18-1973
      Lingleville(Erath)

      I think there are two Nathan Bullards born at about the same time one was born
      in Tenn(I think) the other Nathan Bullard(ours) was born in Wayne Co..... ILL.

      If I am wrong please feel free to correct my. But I did find a Nathan Bullard
      on a Tennessee Census living next door to a James McAdams(same name as my
      ggrandfather) This was to early to be my James McAdams but I did think it
      strange.
      After I found that, I had always wondered if there was a connection between
      the McAdams and Bullards especially since they all lived in Springtown(Parker
      Co.) Texas and my James Polk's McAdams mother Mrs. Mary McAdams Hays is buried
      in the Bullard Cemetery. But the people in that county say that all these
      people buried in the Bullard cemetery are related.
      Carole and I have been able to put several of these people together through
      marriage and what not. You all probably are more knowledge able than I.

      Take Care Cousins

      Barbi T
    • SPENCEB@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 1998
        Barbi,
        I was just reading your post and you state that Nathan b. 1822 in IL. I
        have checked the Wayne County, IL census for 1820 thru 1900. Nathan, son of
        Wright Jr. is listed in 1850 census and lists his birth state as TN and age
        28. Wife Matilda is listed as age 25 and born in KY. Children are are all
        born in IL and are Polly age 8, Wright age 5, Wm. age 3, and Melinda age 2.
        Wayne County History states that Nathan in the 1850s was a blacksmith in
        Johnsonville, IL. Johnsonville Cemetary has a headstone marked, "Melsena
        Bullard, dau of N. & M. Bullard, d. Mar 31, 1858, age 2y 22d". History states
        that Nathan and his family left by wagon for Texas in 1859. Thought you might
        like this bit of Illinois History relating to Nathan. Johnsonville is one and
        one fourth mile south of g-grandfather Lorenzo Dow Bullard's farm which is
        still in the Bullard family owned by a cousin of mine.
        Spence
      • Babbimac@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 1998
          Hello,

          I am so glad that I have all of ya'll, because to be honest with you I have
          done more research on the McAdams line and not the Bullard line. I just
          became interested after I found your queries. Thank you Spence, I ran off
          what you sent me.
          I will go to the Library and check out stuff one of these days. You know more
          about the Bullards than I do. I just knew what Pappy told me. I also knew
          where they were buried because I have been to their graves lots of times. Did
          you know that Nathan was a Mason? He has a Mason tombstone on his grave. Was
          Wright Bullard or any of the other Bullards Masons?
          Has anyone any idea where Nathan was in 1960 census? Since Pappy told my he
          was shot in KY and his wife was from Ky. has any one checked that state? I
          may need to do that. Does anyone know what county in KY that the Camp's lived?
          I was just wondering why he went to Ky. in the first place.

          Take Care

          Barbi T
        • dowopinn00@home.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2001
            Hello! This is the 2nd time I've tried to post this message. When I
            clicked on preview I lost the original. So here it goes again.
            Sorry, I posted to this site before formally introducing myself.

            My name is Roberta "Bobbi" Butz Leamon. My connection to the Bullard
            family is as follows (as I believe it to be):

            Wright Bullad, b. Bef. 1795 in Ireland
            Wright Bullard, Jr., b. Bef. 1815 in Ireland? or NH?, m. Elizabeth?
            Ephram Willard Bullard, b. 1835, m. Linda Eliva Austin
            Andrew Jackson Bullard, b. Aug. 12, 1867, m. Minnie Cozart
            Jackie Jewell Bullard, b. Feb. 10, 1903, m. Clarence Otto
            Bassett
            Norma LaVonne Bassett, m. Robert Butz

            I have an old photograph that was found in my Grandma Jackie's
            effects that I will try to scan and post. I believe it is either
            Ephram Willard Bullard and Linda Eliva Austin Bullard; or Andrew
            Jackson Bullard and Minnie Cozart Bullard. My grandmother was raised
            by her grandparents after the death of her father. It would be
            wonderful if someone could identify who they are.

            Bobbi