Mass. Bullards

  • pcossey@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 1999
      Hi everyone and Happy New Year!
      Not too long ago, I ran across this in the NARA index, Rev. War Rolls, 1775-1783, M246, Bullard's Regiment of Militia, Mass. (47) I don't know if there could be any connection or not, but it has me curious so I ran a search in the Mass. archives and came up with several Bullards in the 1790 census. I thought I would post it just in case it could ever be useful to anyone. (No Wrights or Nathans, but we can't have everything can we?)
      1790 Medford, Suffolk, Ma.
      Silas Bullard
      Johua Bullard
      Adam Bullard
      Henry Bullard Jr.
      Timothy Bullard
      Isaac Bullard

      Bellingham, Suffolk, Ma. 1790
      Elisha Bullard
      Daniel Bullard

      Marriages, Northhampton Ma.
      John Bullard (Westhampton) Hannah Strong 12/27/1792

      -Pam
    • SPENCEB@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 1999
        Pam and Oneliners;
        There are two books entitled
        "Bullard and Allied Families", the American Ancestors of George Newton Bullard
        and Mary Elizabeth Bullard and also "Other Bullards" a Genealogy,
        Supplemertary to Bullard and Allied Families Published by Edgar J. Bullard
        Detroit Michigan, 1930 and 1928 respectively. There are many hundreds and
        perhaps thousands of Bullards, mostly New England and Mass. especially. No
        Wright's in those, however several Asa's and Nathan's, and a Lorenzo. All had
        family genealogies that could not be tied to our Family. These families were
        prominent in the early development. There were several military including a
        General. There was also a General in Tennessee who married a Bullard.
        The Richland County, IL Bullards came from Waterton, MA. Richland County
        adjoins Wayne County IL on the North East side. Shirley Mofield ancestors
        were among these Bullards.
        Spence