Re: [BULLARD] Re: Nathan's Decendents

  • Babbimac@aol.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 30, 2012
      I do that all the time..... if I think of anything else than genealogy, I'll type that down.. LOL

      I was mistaken it was Matilda not Emily. Don't know why I was thinking that so he does fit the picture after all. Nettie and WH married 1890

      From: Babbimac@... <Babbimac@...>
      To: BULLARD@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, October 29, 2012, 9:02 PM

      I have wondered the same thing. This is what I found on Census Records and there were
      Several Wade Hamptons across the country. This guy could fit, but haven't found if or where.

      1880 Erath County, Texas Census

      Household:250-250

      Wade Hampton---------age:35----b:  1845 MO              f/b:MO  m/b: MO

      Jane Hampton-----------age:31----b:  1849 TN               f/b:TN    m/b:TN

      John Hampton-----------age:09----b:  1871MO              f/b:MO  m/b: TN

      James Hampton----------age:07---b:  1873 TN               f/b:TN    m/b:MO

      That is what I thought, but I have 4 children for Nathan Bullard (1861-1890) and Martha Tate Bullard:

      William M b.  17 Mar 1884

      Henry b. Sep 1889

      Matilda Elizabeth b. 3 Aug 1887

      Arthur Hampton b. 1 Sep 1889

      William and Henry are living with their mother and step father, Frank Granton, in 1900 Erath Co.

      Matilda and Arthur are living with Nathan Bullard (1822-1912) and Polly Matilda Camp Bullard in 1900 Erath Co.

      So is Wade Hampton this persons full name or is it Wade Hampton Bullard?

      Just as a possibility:

      Nathan Bullard (1822-1912) and Polly Matilda Camp had a daughter, Emile 1853-1902 who married James Polk McAdams.  They had a daughter named Nettie McAdams (1874-1945) that I show married to a Hampton.  Perhaps there was more of a connection with this Hampton line???

      Maybe, if the name is Wade Hampton, he might be Nettie husband and they took in these children?

      Penny

      From: Penny Holmes <pjholmes@...>
      To: BULLARD@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, October 26, 2012, 9:32 AM

      I am not sure which children we are speaking of here.  I am not sure who Wade Hampton is.

      Sorry to be so slow on this.

      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 30, 2012

        From: Penny Holmes <pjholmes@...>
        To: BULLARD@yahoogroups.com