News!!!!!!!

  • Carol Hull
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
      My supplemental on William Bullard was finally verified by NSDAR today!

      I'm not exactly sure what I did to convince them that Nathan Jr was in fact the son of Nathan Sr, but they have approved it.

      This means that--theoretically--all descendents of Nathan Sr. who want to file applications with DAR and SAR can reference my papers as proof in that generation, because my arguments referenced all of Nathan and Sarah's known sons. NSDAR had no problems at all with my proof of the relationship between William and Nathan Sr or with William's Revolutionary War service.

      Once I have a marked copy of the paper in my possession, I can answer questions about any changes and/or additions NSDAR made to my information and sources.

      Carol
    • H A SAUNDERS
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
        Carol, that is indeed good news for me.  I know you worked hard for this.
        Great job.
        Dot Saunders

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
          Carol. Let me rephrase that sentence.  I meant to say that was really great news for you.  Since I had the stroke sometimes my hand do not want to do what my brain is telling it.  May be old age.  Sorry
          Dot

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2011
            Wow! Great job, Carol!

            Sharon Mills

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2011

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 11, 2011

                This was sent without message a few minutes ago.  Sorry.

                Spence Bullard

                Hi Carol,

                I got your e-mail a few days ago and have had too much going on to respond.  Forgive me.  (Medical tests and club meetings.)

                I am really impressed with your analysis of the Henderson County, TN 1810 – 1850 Bullard Family records.  I can see why you have gotten the DAR endorsement you needed.  There is hardly a rock unturned.  You’re Summary and analysis is very nicely written.  Thank you very much for myself and for making it available to others who may want to join DAR and SAR.

                Now for a minor question or two:  Are you including Nathan Sr’s first son by first wife as one of the 9 sons?   He would be a half brother to the 8 sons of Nathan Sr and Sarah (Stroud) Bullard.

                Did you try to match the family of Henderson County 1850 Census Elizabeth Bullard with the family of Richard Bullard ancestors (my DNA matching Cousin from Arkansas )?

                It is a coincident that both Nathan Jr. and Stroud (3rd and 7th sons of Nathan Sr) died at about the same time 1851-1852,

                Spence Bullard

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 11, 2011

                Spence,

                I included Nathan Sr’s first son, William, in my spreadsheet summarizing the locations of the family members on each of the censuses through 1850.  But I included a note that William was the son of Nathan Sr. and his first wife and that William appears not to maintained connections with Nathan’s second family.

                I noted in my written analysis that the only two Bullard households shown on the 1850 census were those of Nathan Jr. and Elizabeth Bullard.  I commented that we do not know how Elizabeth is related to our Bullards, but noted that—like many of Nathan Sr’s sons—she has a son in her household named Nathan.  I indicated that she could perhaps be the widow of one of Nathan Sr’s sons whose whereabouts are unknown in 1850 (Elijah and the unknown son), but that further research was needed on her.

                I can’t remember what changes I made to my response to NSDAR before sending it, so I am attaching the final copies of my response to their concerns.  (Edith, I already sent this to you, so you can ignore it.)

                I also have my marked copy of the paper now.  I already e-mailed a summary of their notes to Edith; I’ll forward that e-mail to Spence and Richard.

                Carol