Re: [BULLARD] FW: News from FTDNA - 37 Marker Test Reg $149 for $119

  • Donna Couron
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009
      Hi Spence,

      I am wondering if you know about the DNA test that has linked the Bullard name to the vikings who landed in northern England.  I have noticed that on my father's side, the Bullard name is linked and on my mother's side, the Helsby name is linked through the DNA research project.

      Donna Callaway-Couron

      From: davidboyett@...
      To: sbullard@...
      Subject: News from FTDNA - 37 Marker Test Reg $149 for $119
      Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:20:56 +0000

      Good news from the lab: New Test Only
      "In conjunction with many reunions or events where one of us will be speaking, including the Clans Gathering 2009 and the Highland Games in Scotland, we have decided to offer for the month of July a variation of our recent promotion, we
      will not extend it beyond this month."

      Y-DNA37 – promotional price $119 (reg. price $149)
      Y-DNA67 – promotional price $199 (reg. price $238)
      mtDNAPlus – promotional price $119 (reg. price $149)

      Order on-line for any Surname Project.

      Ballard DNA Project
      http://www.pbase.com/daveb/ballard
      http://bellsouthpwp.net/B/o/Boyt-Boyett/Ballardpeds.htm
      David Boyett

      Disclaimer: Family Tree DNA is not responsible for the safety and
      security of files downloaded from third-party sites.

      This message was processed by the FTDNA Email System.
      The original headers are:
      To: sbullard@...
      CC:
      GUID: 09abe213-7c6e-44a2-8cef-f20aa8d1cee7 @ 5.182

    • sbullard@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009

        Hi Donna,

        Thanks for the DNA information.  I did not know about this connection to the Vikings who landed in Northern England.  Is the information in the FTDNA web site?  I would like to research this further by comparing test results and dates.

        I have seen documents of Early Bullard Genealogists who reported beliefs that the Bullards came to England at the time William the Conqueror entered from France.

        FTDNA documents and charts show that the roots trace back from England to France/Belgium into Poland and central Russia.

        Happy Holidays

        Spence Bullard
        -------------- Original message from Donna Couron <ok2bsilly2@...>: --------------

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
          No, I don't have that kind of information.  I found an article that I can't even find anymore on the net.  It is entitled "Was Your Ancestor a Viking?" by Louise Powney and it was in the Wirral News Group, Wednesday, April 24, 2002.  This guy named Professor Steve Harding, who is a professor of molecular biology at the University of Nottingham, conducted a DNA study on viking heritage.  His website is www.nottingham.ac.uk/~sczsteve  There are a lot of articles on the page and many, many sources of information you can draw from on there.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
            I am turning 60 and have terminal cancer.  I am trying so hard to get this info for my children before I diie.  Any help would be so gratefully appreciated.

            Terry Soles-grandfather, James Clifford Bullard.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010

              where were your Bullards
              Joyce Bullard McEntire

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010