Re: [BULLARD] (unknown)
- Spence,Thanks again for all your hard work. Can you refresh our memory on the cost and how to go about doing this? Thanks,Vikki Gehring BullardIn a message dated 10/21/2008 5:47:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sbullard@... writes:
Hi All; October 21, 2008
This is an update to the BULLARD Y-DNA PROJECT that I and two distant cousins undertook last summer. At the time we appealed to all male Bullard/Ballard/etc surname Families with roots in The Carolinas and Virginia to join us with the goal of identifying likely connections to several lines of BULLARD FAMILIES. We have experienced some unexpected success. The invitation for others to join the project is always open.
The Family Tree DNA analysis of 37 markers from cheek swabs from each of us produced identical results for 36 of the 37 markers and only differed by 1 for Richard Bullard on the 33rd marker. Richard had a value of 17 where Bill and I had 16.
The following Table developed by Bruce Walsh, Ph.D., noted population geneticist from the University of Arizona , was provided us with our test results.
50 % probability that the MRCA lived no longer ago than this number of generations
90 % probability that the MRCA lived no longer ago than this number of generations
95 % probability that the MRCA lived no longer ago than this number of generations
37 of 37
36 of 37
35 of 37
Those tested so far are:
William Richard Bullard known as Richard Home: Stuttgart , AR ……….likely 6 gen to MRCA
Claudie B. Bullard known as Bill Home North Richland Hills, TX…… 5 gen to MRCA
Spencer Ardell Bullard known as Spence Home: Lakewood , CO … ..4 gen to MRCA
We believe based on the results of the test that our MRCA (most recent common ancestor) is Nathan Bullard b. abt. 1765 in Duplin County, NC, son of William Bullard b. abt 1725 and whose genealogy has been document in the book, “William and Nathan Bullard Family History and Genealogy”, by Spencer Ardell Bullard, published in Lakewood, CO in 2004.
We are currently researching with Richard to find the probable connection to the Nathan and Sarah (Stroud) Bullard Family. This Family had 8 sons and 3 daughters. The daughter names are unknown. The sons were:
Wright b. 1797 in Duplin County , NC ;
William4 b. abt 1800 in Anson County , NC ;
Nathan2 b. in Chesterfield County , SC ;
twins Asa and Elijah b. 1806 in Chesterfield County , SC ;
John b. 1810 in Chesterfield County , SC ;
Stroud b. 1814 in NC;
And Lorenzo Dow b. in 1816 in TN.
We believe we have found the link between second son Williamr4 and Richard’s Family line. Bill’s Family line is through sixth son John. Spence’s Family line is through eighth son Lorenzo Dow.
Time and place considerations lead us to suspect a connection to the second son, William4 Bullard, whom we believe was born abt. 1800 in Anson County, NC. This William4 Bullard family is identified as the William Bullard family found on page 9 of the Henderson County, TN census of 1830. The census shows the family with 1 male and 1 female in age group 20 to 30; 2 males age 5 to 10; and 1 male and 2 females age 0 to5. (Note: these children were born between 1820-1830) The only name is in the census is William as head of household. The two Nathan Bullard Families found in that census with William were believed to be his father, Nathan1 and his brother named Nathan2 Bullard.
This William4 Bullard family was not found in any subsequent census and therefore not further documented in my book.
Richard has traced his ancestors back to about 1848 when his great grandfather John Hilder Bullard was born in Tishomingo County in the very NE corner of Mississippi . This is about 50 to 60 miles south of Henderson County , TN where in 1830 census William4 Bullard Family along with his brother Nathan2 and their parents Nathan1 and Sarah (Stroud) Bullard are found.
Richard’s gg-grandfather has been identified as Hilder Green Bullard born in NC in 1828. This information is not well documented and is likely family hearsay. Earlier generations are also not well documented but identify a John Bullard b. 1792 in Sumter County , SC as father of Hilder Green Bullard.
The following is excerpted from the first 3 generations of Richard’s Family Genealogy
This Family is known as Family # 22 in Shirley Moefield’s BULLARD NEWSLETTERS. (See issues for Sept. 1998 and Dec. 1998.)
Generation No. 1
Children of BULLARD are:
2. i. JOHN2 BULLARD, b. 1792, Sumter County, South Carolina; d. Texas.
3. ii. BENJAMIN BULLARD, b. 1793, SC/Tenn; d. Abt. 1840, Tishomingo County, Mississippi (Iuka).
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 BULLARD (BULLARD1)1 was born 1792 in Sumter County, South Carolina1, and died in Texas1. He married REBECCA FORTENBERY1. She was born 1796 in South Carolina1.
More About JOHN BULLARD:
Residence: 15 Jun 1860, John and Rebecca Bullard were living near Cypress Township, Upshur County, Texas (Gilmer), with Benjamin, Jasper and Martha.2
Children of JOHN BULLARD and REBECCA FORTENBERY are:
i. SARAH "SALLIE"3 BULLARD3, b. 1818, Alabama4; m. (1) MOSLEY HUSBAND OF SARAH "SALLIE" BULLARD5; m. (2) JOHN MCCLURE5, 01 Apr 18635.
More About JOHN MCCLURE and SARAH BULLARD:
Marriage: 01 Apr 18635
4. ii. WILLIAM HENRY BULLARD, b. 1822, Alabama; d. 08 Jun 1904, Tishomingo County, Mississippi (Iuka).
5. iii. CALVIN CULLEE BULLARD, b. 16 Apr 1824, Alabama; d. 26 May 1882, Madison County, Texas (Madisonville).
6. iv. PETER ANDREW BULLARD, b. 1828, Tennessee.
7. v. HILDER GREEN BULLARD, b. 1829, North Carolina.
8. vi. BENJAMIN "BENJ" BULLARD, b. 1830, Tennessee.
9. vii. JASPER P. BULLARD, b. 1833, Tennessee.
10. viii. NEWTON BULLARD, b. 1833, Tennessee.
ix. MARTHA BULLARD6, b. 1835, Tishomingo County, Mississippi (Iuka)6; d. unmarried6.
More About MARTHA BULLARD:
Residence: 24 Jun 1880, Martha was living with her brother J. P. Jasper Bullard, in Rains County, Texas (Enory)7
SKIPS TO GENERATION 3:
6. PETER ANDREW3 BULLARD (JOHN2, BULLARD1)71 was born 1828 in Tennessee71. He married (1) MARY E. CURTIS71. He married (2) JANE SECOND WIFE OF PETER ANDREW BULLARD72. She was born Abt. 185072.
More About PETER ANDREW BULLARD:
Occupation: 18 Aug 1860, Peter Andrew was farming near Holley Spring, Wood County, Texas73
Children of PETER BULLARD and MARY CURTIS are:
24. i. JOHN H.4 BULLARD, b. 1849, Tishomingo County, Mississippi (Iuka); d. Marked Tree, Prentiss County, Mississippi .
ii. ELIZA "LOUISA" BULLARD, b. 1851, Mississippi.
(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
- Hi Vicki, It is good to hear from you. I hope you have had some success in your searches for ancestors.You can find most answers to your DNA questions at www.familytreedna.com.The tests we took were the 37 marker at cost of $259.00 per test. We needed that refinement.Spence Bullard
you have some kind of casino email coming from you bbullard address to me. please check you computor for bugs.
Weight Loss Program
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
----- Original Message -----
> you have some kind of casino email coming from you bbullard address to
> me. please check you computor for bugs.
That's not good sending spam with links in it. It's easy to get a virus
from such things. This person may or may not know that it's being done on
their behalf. I've notified the owner and asked she either set the person
to "no post" or remove them from the list.