RE: [BULLARD] Bullard DNA

  • Penny Holmes
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2008

      Hello all, this is what I got back from Family Tree on breaking out the Bullard group from the Ballard group.  I really don’t think it matters, Bullard samples will be compared to ALL those in this surname (and you can have it checked against the whole data base—which I think is good—since you should only be matching Bullard’s anyway, a match to someone else would likely mean that they are truly a Bullard and might provide us with more info on a line that we “loss”).

      Penny

      Hello Penny,

      Thank you for your email.  Because the existing Ballard project that we have underway accepts Bullard as one if its variants, we are unable to start a separate project for the Bullard surname.  It has been our experience that starting duplicate projects turns out to be more harmful and causes more confusion than it does solutions.  We encourage all Bullard participants to join the Ballard surname project.

      Please let me know if I can answer any further questions or clarify anything else for you.

      Thanks, and have a great day!

      Ashley Coursey

      Family Tree DNA

      www.familytreedna.com