note to bullard group

  • nelliebelletx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
      hello,group,i joined the group last year,hoping to find someone from my
      great grandmother's line, who might have knowledge of her life,as a
      young woman,or any info. at all.i knew her when i was a little girl
      about six,but memories are pretty dim at six years old. my great
      grand mother was millie bullard horton,my grandmother was linnie
      mae horton martin,and my mother was june martin beam. my mother
      passed away a little over a month ago, at age 80. she told me a
      few things about millie,who was a big part of her life.if there is
      any one that has any news of her or her children's life,i would be
      glad to hear from you. my line is the same as ivy bailey, she and i
      being first double cousins.i knew several of my granny martin's
      sisters and brothers.the one we were most closest to was c.p."buddy"
      horton. he was always in our lives as children on up to adult
      hood .he picked the gituar and sang us funny little songs....hope
      all of you had a merry christmas and hope the new year is good for all.
      nelliebelle
    • Sandie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
        Nellie:  So very sorry to hear about  your mother.  My love and prayers are with you and your loved ones.  My Bullards don't seem to have a connection to yours, so I can't help with your genealogy questions, but I still just wanted to let you know that I know how you're feeling at this time and that God will help you through this and comfort you.  Good luck on finding your information on your family.
        God Bless.
        Sandie in CO

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
          Nelliebelle,

          I am just curious. Where did your mom live? I have cousins in Edom,
          Texas, who lived next door to a June Beam. Their last name is Ford.

          Sharon Williams Mills

          --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, "nelliebelletx" <nelliebelle@...>
          wrote:

          > hello,group,i joined the group last year,hoping to find someone
          from my
          > great grandmother's line, who might have knowledge of her life,as a
          > young woman,or any info. at all.i knew her when i was a little girl
          > about six,but memories are pretty dim at six years old. my great
          > grand mother was millie bullard horton,my grandmother was linnie
          > mae horton martin,and my mother was june martin beam. my mother
          > passed away a little over a month ago, at age 80. she told me
          > few things about millie,who was a big part of her life.if there
          is
          > any one that has any news of her or her children's life,i would
          be
          > glad to hear from you. my line is the same as ivy bailey, she and i
          > being first double cousins.i knew several of my granny martin's
          > sisters and brothers.the one we were most closest to was
          c.p."buddy"
          > horton. he was always in our lives as children on up to adult
          > hood .he picked the gituar and sang us funny little
          songs....hope
          > all of you had a merry christmas and hope the new year is good for
          all.
          > nelliebelle

        • Barbara McAdams-Turpin
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2008
            Nellie,

            I looked up some of your family names on www.ancestory.com and found
            well over 100 June Martins in the 1930 Census.

            The closest fit I found was this.... if this is not your family, we
            will need a time frame for your family... when they lived and where
            they lived... here is the closest fit. Where did you grow up?

            1930 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, District 1001-1236 Census

            Household: 5959-130-135

            William J Martin-age:33--b:TX-f/b:TX-m/b:TX (garage mechanic)
            Minnie M Martin--age:39--b:PN-f/b:PN-m/b:PN
            Reed Martin------age:08--b:PN-f/b:TX-m/b:PN
            June Martin------age:2/3-b:PN-f/b:TX-m/b:PN
            Opal Martin------age:23--b:TX-f/b:TX-m/b:TX(sister)wks in box factory
            Russell May------age:25--b:PN---f/b:PN-m/b:PN(boarder)wks in box
            factory

            Hope this helps,

            Barbi

          • sbullard@att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2008

              Nelliebelle,

              Perhaps you have found the information on page 116 of the book �William and Nathan Bullard Family History and Genealogy� which is the history and genealogy of our Family.  I authored and published this book in 2004 with the help of many of our cousins.  The Millie Bullard mentioned there (page 116) was born October 7, 1878 in Texas and married C. P. �Pink� Horton on September 15, 1901 in Brown County, Texas .  Their children were: Robert, Ruthie, Dollie, Robbie, Leslie, Odessa , Mary, and Charles Pinklen.  This information was provided by Sondra Batt of Oklahoma .

              Hope this helps you.

              Spencer Bullard

              -------------- Original message from "nelliebelletx" <nelliebelle@...>: --------------

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
                --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, Sandie <skgib25@...> wrote:

                > Nellie: So very sorry to hear about your mother. My love and
                prayers are with you and your loved ones. My Bullards don't seem to
                have a connection to yours, so I can't help with your genealogy
                questions, but I still just wanted to let you know that I know how
                you're feeling at this time and that God will help you through this
                and comfort you. Good luck on finding your information on your
                family.
                > God Bless.
                > Sandie in CO

                hard things in my life and i know this is another one of those times
                >but thru the grace of a loving god, i(and my 3 sisters) will makeit
                > it always helps to know someone is thinking of you thru the
                troubles of this life. god bless you,nell

                ______________
                > Be a better friend, newshound, and

              • nelliebelletx
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 12, 2008
                  wrote:

                  > --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, Sandie <skgib25@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Nellie: So very sorry to hear about your mother. My love and
                  > prayers are with you and your loved ones. My Bullards don't seem
                  > have a connection to yours, so I can't help with your genealogy
                  > questions, but I still just wanted to let you know that I know how
                  > you're feeling at this time and that God will help you through this
                  > and comfort you. Good luck on finding your information on your
                  > family.
                  > > God Bless.
                  > > Sandie in CO

                  don't do a lot of searching, fact is,i really don't know the way to
                  do it right,but i do enjoy reading about every one else's search'es,
                  and pictures.my mother, june linnie martin,was born in gouldbusk
                  texas dec.1st.1927,to john henry and linnie mae (horton)martin.she
                  was raised in that area until sometime in her teenage life, the
                  family moved to mason co.texas. thanks everyone, nell