Re: [BULLARD] Dad

  • jeanette, jeanette, jeanette, jeanette el
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 9, 2007
      So sorry to hear about your Dad..............Hang in there, God will lead you through this...rose

    • Penny Holmes
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008

        Do we have anyone from our BULLARD line—any of ours that are of the same lineage—in the FamilyTree DNA study?

        The lineage I am speaking of would that of:

        Nathan Bullard ca 1765-1842 and Sarah Stroud

                        Wright Bullard ca 1797-1873 and Elizabeth McDaniel

                                        Nathan Bullard 1822-1912 and Polly Camp

        I am talking about anyone from any of the known children of Nathan and Sarah Bullard on to the present---this is just my particular line.

        Thanks

        Penny

      • polkkkkmc
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2008
          Hello, my name is james polk mcadams Naathan Bullard ca 1822-1912
          and Polly Camp's daughter Emily married James Polk McAdams I am of
          this line . I might be interested and I emphasize "might" it all
          depends on the circumstances and the process incured. If you liked
          you could send me the info and i will consider it . OK ?--- In
          BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, "Penny Holmes" <pjholmes@...> wrote:

          > Do we have anyone from our BULLARD line-any of ours that are of the
          same
          > lineage-in the FamilyTree DNA study?
          >

          > The lineage I am speaking of would that of:
          >

          > Nathan Bullard ca 1765-1842 and Sarah Stroud
          >
          > Wright Bullard ca 1797-1873 and Elizabeth McDaniel
          >
          > Nathan Bullard 1822-1912 and Polly
          Camp

          > I am talking about anyone from any of the known children of Nathan
          and Sarah
          > Bullard on to the present---this is just my particular line.
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > Penny

        • Penny Holmes
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 4, 2008

            I think Carol answered this, but you would only be able to test on your McAdams line—with the Y-DNA testing that is the most popular.  By that, I mean that it is the one with the largest database  and therefore more to compare to.

            The Y-DNA testing is done on a male descendant of a line—so it would have to be a male Bullard, to his son,  then his son, then this one’s son, and so on.

            Penny

            Hello, my name is james polk mcadams Naathan Bullard ca 1822-1912
            and Polly Camp's daughter Emily married James Polk McAdams I am of
            this line . I might be interested and I emphasize "might" it all
            depends on the circumstances and the process incured. If you liked
            you could send me the info and i will consider it . OK ?--- In
            BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, "Penny Holmes" <pjholmes@...> wrote:

            > Do we have anyone from our BULLARD line-any of ours that are of the
            same
            > lineage-in the FamilyTree DNA study?
            >

            > The lineage I am speaking of would that of:
            >

            > Nathan Bullard ca 1765-1842 and Sarah Stroud
            >
            > Wright Bullard ca 1797-1873 and Elizabeth McDaniel
            >
            > Nathan Bullard 1822-1912 and Polly
            Camp

            > I am talking about anyone from any of the known children of Nathan
            and Sarah
            > Bullard on to the present---this is just my particular line.
            >

            > Thanks
            >

            > Penny

          • Penny Holmes
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 23 3:58 AM

              Hello all,

              I was just wondering if anyone was considering being our representative from the Wright Bullard/Elizabeth McDaniel group for DNA testing.

              I think that there are several of us willing to help pay for it.  This is a very secure testing done by Family Tree DNA and it is used only for comparison within surname studies. I have my dad, and 3 of my male cousins all involved in this.

              Please consider.

              Penny

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 26 10:19 AM

                Penny, I hope you find someone from the Wright BULLARD line for the DNA testing.  It would have the potential of comparison with other BULLARD DNA testees already in the Ancestory Database.

                My interest has increased a little by learning that a few of the Thomas BULLARD B. 1759 Rev. War Soldier descendants believe our William Bullard b. abt 1725 is likely related to their Thomas.  The connection is not likely to be found in documentation so DNA provides some possibility.

                Spence Bullard

                -------------- Original message from "Penny Holmes" <pjholmes@...>: --------------

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 26 12:04 PM
                  I am wondering about the DNA data...only males can contribute,
                  correct? If I am a female Bullard, and I have a son, could he send a
                  sample in to see where his Bullard DNA lies?

                  I am the ggggrandaughter of the unknown Wright Bullard of Columbus
                  County, NC (b. 1824, m. 1844 to Charity Bullard) and I wonder if we
                  would find out anything by DNA. I am stuck here in my genealogy
                  research and cannot go back any further.
                • Penny Holmes
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 26 3:43 PM

                    It has to be a direct line of Bullards—male to male to male etc.  So what you suggest here would not be helpful on the Bullard line

                    Spence, I feel that there is no doubt that Wright Bullard (marr. Elizabeth McDaniel) is the son of Nathan Bullard and Sarah Stroud—do you have any reason to doubt this?

                    If we consider this true—then you could be our representative from our line to be tested.  That would at least compare the what we “think” we know to the others.

                    I do know that the line from James Bullard  (marr. Sarah Pittman—they had 8 children) thru his son Robert Bullard b. 1778 (marr. Katy McLean) thru his son Daniel Bullard b. 1811 Robeson Co NC, thru his son Robert Lee Bullard 1861-1947---this line has sent in a sample.

                    It would be great to completely rule this line out as connected  or find out that we have some connection.

                    This line I mention above is  possibly from the Netherlands (part of Old Flanders) where the name was possibly Bullart.  This line is said to have moved from Flanders to England after the Norman Conquest.   This is the line of Bullard’s sometimes described as from the seaman Bullard.

                    What do you think Spence?  I am willing to contribute?

                    I think we still need to find some from the Wright Bullard thru any of his sons (I am from Nathan)---this would also give us a point of reference when comparing to Spence’s and the others.

                    Penny

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 28 10:12 AM

                      April 30, 2008

                      Penny Dennis Holmes and all,

                      As I have stated before, I am willing to contribute a DNA sample to a BULLARD DNA Genealogy Study of BULLARD FAMILIES.  I am also willing to contribute $100.00 of the cost of DNA processing.  I believe this should be the maximum any BULLARD SURNAME DESCENDANT should be expected to contribute to such a project.  Other Bullard Family Genealogist interested in benefiting in viewing the results of such a study should provide the remainder of the costs and to coordinate the processing.  I suggest a limit of $100 max for any contribution.

                      I include an excerpt from the introduction to my book, �WILLIAM AND NATHAN BULLARD FAMILY HISTORY AND GENEALOGY� published March 2004 in Lakewood Colorado .

                      Excerpt follows:

                      INTRODUCTION

                                  As of this writing the genealogy of The NATHAN AND SARAH STROUD BULLARD FAMILY has been linked to WILLIAM BULLARD AND SPOUSE UNKNOWN FAMILY of Duplin County, North Carolina.  An article by William Byrd entitled �Navigation on Goshen Swamp, Duplin County, N. C. 1785�, published in the North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal, February 1982, provides names identified by Districts along seventeen miles of Goshen Swamp.  The Districts were created by The Duplin County Court for the purpose of making Goshen Swamp navigable to flat bottom boats.  NATHAN BULLARD, then about age 20, was named to District #5.  This district included the 5th mile up the Swamp from Northeast Cape Fear River, the area that included the farm of W ILLIAM BULLARD.  This is sufficient evidence to conclude that NATHAN is the son of WILLIAM BULLARD and still living at or near home in 1785.  There are no other BULLARDs living in this area.  (See Appendix A and B)

                                  From this revelation of WILLIAM BULLARD as the father of NATHAN BULLARD I conclude that my Family Ancestral Line is:

                      (1)   WILLIAM BULLARD b. abt 1725, and SPOUSE unknown were living in Duplin County , NC in

                       1762 till their death in late 1700s.

                      (2)   NATHAN BULLARD b. abt. 1765 in Duplin County , NC , d. Apr 1842, Jefferson County ,

                       IL. married Jan. 21 1795 to SARAH STROUD b. abt. 1775 in Duplin County , NC., d. Sep 1837

                       In Jefferson County , IL .

                      (3)  LORENZO DOW BULLARD b. Oct.16, 1816 in TN married Nov. 16, 1837 to

                       RHODA MEADOR b. Jun 23, 1818 in Smith County , TN.

                      4)  LAWRENCE DOW BULLARD b. Mar 21, 1861 in Wayne County, IL died July 6, 1941 in Wayne County, IL, married Oct. 25, 1883 to EMMA WITHROW b. Oct. 8, 1860 in Princeton , IN , d. Aug 4, 1928 in Wayne County, IL.

                      (5)   FRED EVERETT BULLARD b. Oct. 25, 1893 in Wayne County ,

                       IL, d. Sep 22, 1981 , Wayne County, IL married Nov 27, 1915 in Effingham County , IL to MABLE MAE OSTRANDER b. Aug 20, 1895 , Winnebago County , IA , d. July 30, 1957 , Wayne County, IL.

                      (6)  SPENCER ARDELL BULLARD b. Apr 17, 1922 , Winnebago County , IA , married Jan 30, 1946 in Vincennes , IN to MARY LOUISE MENDENHALL b. Feb 20, 1925 in Meckling , SD.

                      End of excerpt.

                      Nathan and Sarah (Stroud) Bullard, father of Lorenzo Dow Bullard had seven other sons: Wright b. 1797 in NC; William4 b.1800 in NC; Nathan2 b. 1802 in SC; Twins Asa and Elijah b. 1806 in SC; John b. 1810 in NC; Stroud b. 1814 in NC and Lorenzo Dow b. 1816 in TN.  The lineage of the descendants of these sons of Nathan and Sarah (Stroud) BULLARD to William1 BULLARD is documented in the book.

                      There is evidence to believe that William1 BULLARD is related to other BULLARD families living in NC and other Eastern States including New England .  A BULLARD DNA PROJECT including descendants would have the potential of showing possible connection (or lack of connection) not available in hard documentation.

                      Spencer A. Bullard