For those related to the Scott family via the Miller and Bullards

  • Nina Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2007
      I wanted to let you know that Ben Scott is not doing well. His health
      has declined terribly. He called me a couple of days ago. He's
      supposed to send me a few photos of some of the Scott and Millers and
      if/when he does, I'll let you know in case anyone here wants a copy.

      Please say a prayer for Ben.

      Nina
    • Penny Holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2007

        Nina

        I got a card from him about a month ago, and I sent him a letter back.  I thought that he had the heart defibrillator placed in his chest and I had hoped he was doing better.

        Please keep me posted.

        Penny

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2007
          Penny Holmes wrote:

          >Nina

          I got a card from him about a month ago, and I sent him a letter back.  I thought that he had the heart defibrillator placed in his chest and I had hoped he was doing better.

          He did, but he isn't any better.  Said when he was in the hospital, his heart stopped and busted his head open and broke his tail bone when he hit the floor.  Said he's having "spells" and doesn't think the debibrilator is working right.  He said they gave him two years to live, if he was lucky.  Said he didn't think he would make that at all.  He was supposed to see the cardiologist this past Friday.  The reason he called me about the photos is he was trying to get the "family" things in order, he said.  Penny, he sounds terrible.  :-(

          I knew things couldn't be good because I used to get four and five page letters from him all the time and he would call every month, then ... nothing.  He's such a great guy and has one of the best senses of humor I've ever seen.  I've saved every letter he's ever sent me and will scrapbook them all.  His memory of the family is outstanding.  He was my initial contact for family information when I started doing my genealogy.  We've got a relative that lived in CO (she just moved), unfortunately I can't at the moment remember her name.  I guess she is probably the one that is going to get all the family pictures and such.  They stay in real close touch.  If he gets the photos mailed to me, I'll email them to you.

          I wish I could go see him, but it's just too far for me.  I've never met him in person, but we talk on the phone like we've been the best of friends for our whole lives.  My Grandma was his favorite Aunt and I love to hear stories about her I never heard before (like when his Dad had shingles and what my Grandma did to help him, which included grabbing a guy by the collar and belt and throwing him threw a screen door.  LOL).  I really hate to see him go downhill like this.  He's always been such a vibrant man, even into his 80's.  He finally retired and that's when he started going downhill, which often happens.  He told me long ago that he knew if he retired, he'd just lay down and die.  :-(  Man oh man, I wish I could make that trip out there to see him.

          Nina