a Bullard Book

  • Joyce McEntire
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      well first I will warn you this may be long maybe longer than you care to read but something I want to share with all you Bullards.
      Many many years ago my dad Marvin E Bullard wanted so badly to know something about his family..where did they come from..who were they etc..so I decided that I would find that information and put it together for him for Christmas of that year.  As most of you know that did not happen...this was back in the days of letter writing..in fact I wore out my daughter's typewriter pounding out letter after letter...but  I did get to share some things with my dad before his death....
      then my life took a detour..I became ill with a rare disease that zapped my energy so I laid research aside..did not do any for several years...
      last year my Aunt Leta Nolte wrote to me and told me that we really needed to write a book about her grandfather and my great grandfather Dr. Andrew C. Bullard. She is an author and has written several books.  We talked about it long and hard and I want to let all of you know that we are now doing that.   I cannot tell you how excited that we are. Now you have access to so many records on the internet or find another research person who is willing to help search documents and take pictures...etc..I have found that researchers are wonderful people.
      We have acquired hand written documents of Dr. Bullard from the early part of his life that are  even dated ..court records..pictures and many of you know that I have searched for my grandfather's brother for over 15 years..yes we found him..and all of the supporting documents will be included. We have walked in Dr. Bullard's shoes and have turned hundreds of pages of documents..and we will be sharing that with you.
      Joyce Bullard McEntire
      Oklahoma
      PS..I am sure that dad is looking over my shoulder reading each word finding out about his family.

    • sbullard@att.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007

        Joyce,

        Keep me posted.  I will be interested.

        Spence Bullard

        -------------- Original message from "Joyce McEntire" <redbird1@...>: --------------

[...]

      • Penny Holmes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007

          Joyce

          I am sure this will be amazing.

          Looking forward to it

          Penny

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
            I am looking forward to it as well!

            Donna Couron

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2007

              Joyce:  It has been quite some time since I last checked the group, and I was delighted to see that you are going to publish your book.  I was recently contacted by another Bullard researcher and thought I would pass along his message to the group.  I did not see his name listed as a group member.  His name is Dan Montez and he sent the following message:

              Saw your website. I am a genealogist related to you.

              Don't know if I already dropped you a line.

              Here is my line

              Dan Montez (me)

              Betty Isenhower

              Leo Isenhower

              Gracie Irean Bullard

              William Thomas Bullard

              Ephraim Bullard

              (Then I have the Bullards back to about 1725ish)

              I liked your picture of Ephraim...

              You don't happen to have his son

              William Thomas with his wife Mary Jane Sessions??

              It's my last hole in that generation for pictures....

              Take care.

              Dan

              914-737-6184

              Peekskill, New York