re:William Bullard Revolutionary War Records

  • sbullard@att.net
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2007

      Hi everyone,

      It�s been a while since I posted anything to this site.  It has been a while since I have received any posts also.

      A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in.  The Document, �Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History and Genealogy�, September 2005 was included with the fourth printing of book.  It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records of our ancestor.  The file is 19 pages long including tables and charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

      This URL should take you to the site.

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncrevwar/ncrevwar.htm

      If not, try this one -

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncmil/

      Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.

      Spence Bullard

    • Joyce McEntire
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27, 2007
        OK Spence dumb one here..when I go to the page what do I look under from there..am I missing something
        Joyce

        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2007

          Joyce and All Cousins;

          If there is a dumb one it is me for not being complete enough in the first place.

          After getting to the first URL check the list for

          1. NC Counties with Rev. War. Information, then

          2. Duplin County, then

          3. William and Nathan Bullard History and Genealoby.  (This is the first 39 pages of my book).  There are some transcription errors but still readable in this.  Next

          4. At the bottom, click Supplement to William and Nathan Bullard History and Genealogy.  This is what you want to download or save to a computer file.  It is the file containing the William Bullard Rev. War Records.

          If you browse around in Duplin County you may come accross other Bullard Family Information.  Some of these are incomplete.  Diane Sinard, the Coordinater for the site has been helping me post this information from a DVD of the files.

          Remember, there are no dumb questions.  I am always glad to help.

          Spence Bullard

          -------------- Original message from "Joyce McEntire" <redbird1@...>: --------------

          Message 4 of 10 , May 29, 2007
            Hi Spence,
            I was told I should contact you to see if you may have any more copies or even just sections on file from your book in regards to my branch of the Bullards.
            My branch settled in California (Yolo County) in the late 1860s and had come from Massachusetts.

            Jessica Bullard (myself)
            Conrad H Bullard Jr. and Evelyn Johnson (parents)
            Conrad H Bullard and Mary Jean Slinde (grandparents)
            Edgar J Bullard and Florence Streeter (great grandparents)
            Frank (Francis) Bullard and Mary Merritt (great grandparents). Frank was born in Massachusetts, near Springfield and had come across country to Illinois where his father died, and did some mining and ended up in California
            Ephraim Bullard (great great grandfather)

            (I can't seem to get beyond Ephraim in my research)

            Any help you could provide would be wonderful!

            Thanks
            Jessica

            sbullard@... wrote:

            Hi everyone,
            It’s been a while since I posted anything to this site.  It has been a while since I have received any posts also.
            A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in.  The Document, “Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History and Genealogy”, September 2005 was included with the fourth printing of book.  It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records of our ancestor.  The file is 19 pages long including tables and charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

            This URL should take you to the site.
            If not, try this one -
            Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.
            Spence Bullard

            Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

          • Barbara McAdams-Turpin
            Message 5 of 10 , May 30, 2007
              Jessica,

              I did look up some people on the 1850 Ancestory Index... I did not
              see any birth dates for your Posted Bullards, so I just looked up the
              1850 Census.. Hope this helps. If I can be any help let me know, I
              will be glad to look them up for you.

              Barbi

              1850 Coldwater, Branch Co, Michigan

              Household:115-140

              Ephraim Bullard…age:61….b:Mass (Merchant)
              Charlotte Bulllard..age:44….b:Mas

              1850 Coldwater, Branch Co, Michigan

              Household: 26-32

              Thomas Colo……...age:40….b:Mass (merchant)
              Richard T.B Colo…age:45….b:Mass (Merchant)

              Looks like same household:

              Household: 26-33

              S.T.F. Bullard……...age:28…..b:Mass (Merchant)
              Polly Bullard……....age:21……b:NY
              Frances E Bullard…age:02….b:Mich (female)

              1850 Census Index
              Frances,Bullard Division 23,Barbour,AL-abt 1848-Alabama
              Frances,Bullard Division 23,Barbour,AL-abt 1811-Virginia
              Frances,Bullard Boston Ward 10,Suffolk,MA-abt,1805-Massachusetts
              Frances,Bullard Williamson,Richmond,NC,abt 1846-North Carolina
              Frances,Bullard Washington,TX,abt 1840-Louisiana
              Frances,Bullard Newport, Herkimer,NY abt 1845 New York
              Frances,Bullard Lower Regiment,Chatham,NC-abt 1779,North Carolina
              Frances,A Bullard,Milford,Hillsborough,NH-abt 1848,New Hampshire
              Frances,A Bullard,Medfield,Norfolk,MA-abt 1843,Massachusetts
              Frances,C Bullard,Walpole,Norfolk,MA,abt 1835,Massachusetts
              Frances,J Bullard,Holliston, Middlesex,MA,abt 1827-Maine
              Frances,S Bullard,Union,St Francis,AR-abt 1829,Tennessee

              Frank,Bullard,Division 25,De Kalb,AL,abt 1844-Alabama
              Frank,Bullard,District 7, Baker, GA,-abt 1846-Georgia
              Frank,Bullard,York, Livingston, NY,abt 1827-New York
              Frank,Bullard,Indianapolis, Marion,IN,abt 1841-Louisiana
              Frank,Bullard,Gaines, Orleans,NY,abt 1844
              Frankey,Bullard,District 1,Clark,KY.abt 1790-Virginia

              --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Bullard <some1out_side@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Spence,
              > I was told I should contact you to see if you may have any more
              copies or even just sections on file from your book in regards to my
              branch of the Bullards.
              > My branch settled in California (Yolo County) in the late 1860s
              and had come from Massachusetts.

              > Jessica Bullard (myself)
              > Conrad H Bullard Jr. and Evelyn Johnson (parents)
              > Conrad H Bullard and Mary Jean Slinde (grandparents)
              > Edgar J Bullard and Florence Streeter (great grandparents)
              > Frank (Francis) Bullard and Mary Merritt (great grandparents).
              Frank was born in Massachusetts, near Springfield and had come across
              country to Illinois where his father died, and did some mining and
              ended up in California
              > Ephraim Bullard (great great grandfather)
              >

              > (I can't seem to get beyond Ephraim in my research)
              >
              > Any help you could provide would be wonderful!
              >

              > Thanks
              > Jessica
              >

              > sbullard@... wrote:
              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > It's been a while since I posted anything to this site. It has
              been a while since I have received any posts also.

              > A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin
              County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in. The
              Document, "Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History
              and Genealogy", September 2005 was included with the fourth printing
              of book. It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC
              soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records
              of our ancestor. The file is 19 pages long including tables and
              charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

              > This URL should take you to the site.
              > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncrevwar/ncrevwar.htm
              >
              > If not, try this one -
              > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncmil/
              >

              > Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.
              >
              > Spence Bullard
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
              Yahoo! Games.

            • sbullard@att.net
              Message 6 of 10 , May 30, 2007

                Jessica and Barbi,

                A quick check of the Bullard names you show in your line with those included in William and Nathan Bullard lines dating bach to the Revolutionary War period (My line from North Carolina) leads me to conclude they are different lines.  The only common name is Ephriam Bullard.  Our Ephriam (EW) was born in Jefferson County, Illinois in 1835.

                I do believe that "Barbie" Turpin has provided census information with closer ties to your line.  I do know of the New England Bullard lines.  There were many.  I do believe that we all likely date back to the 1500s English Bullards North of London  with some before that coming from France.

                Sorry that I could be of no more help.  I do meet/communicate with several California Bullard families and some are descendants of our North Carolina Line.  Some seem to have connections only to New England Bullards.

                Good luck in your research.

                Spence Bullard

                -------------- Original message from Jessica Bullard <some1out_side@...>: --------------

                Message 7 of 10 , May 31, 2007
                  thank you!

                  Jessica

                  ------------ -- Original message from Jessica Bullard <some1out_side@ yahoo.com>: ------------ --

                  sbullard@att. net wrote:

                  Hi everyone,
                  It’s been a while since I posted anything to this site.  It has been a while since I have received any posts also.
                  A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in.  The Document, “Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History and Genealogy”, September 2005 was included with the fourth printing of book.  It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records of our ancestor.  The file is 19 pages long including tables and charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

                  This URL should take you to the site.
                  If not, try this one -
                  Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.
                  Spence Bullard

                  Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

                  Building a website is a piece of cake.

                • Barbara McAdams-Turpin
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 31, 2007
                    Jessica,

                    I went and looked up Bullards over a span of years and it looks like
                    some of the Bullards came and went.. Do you think Benjamin Bullard
                    age: 74 could be your ancestor?

                    1860 Cottonwood, Yolo Co, CA Census

                    Household: 871-871
                    N.C.Bullard…………..age:38…..b:TN (farmer)
                    Eliza Bullard……..........age:33…..b:Scottland
                    George Bullard….........age:05…..b:CA
                    Jamme M. Bullard…........age:03…..b:CA
                    Elizabeth L Bullard….....age:01

                    Next door:

                    Household:872-872
                    John Bullard……….age:40…b:TN
                    Mary L Bullard……age:35…b:TN
                    S.N.Martin………...age:22…b:AL

                    **********************************
                    1870 Cottonwood, Yolo Co, CA

                    Houshold: 172-165
                    Bullard, James…..age: 36…b:AL (farmer)
                    Bullard, Jane……age: 24….b:MO
                    Bullard, William..age:18….b:MO
                    Bullard, James…..age:06…b:MO
                    Bullard, Noah W..age:05….b:MO
                    Bullard, Lee…….age:03….b:New Mexico

                    1870 Putah, Yolo Co, CA Census
                    Household: 316-282
                    Bullard, Francis…..age:48…..b:Mass
                    Bullard, Mary A….age:33…..b:NY (2nd wife)…1837
                    Bullard, Hattie E…age:03…..b:CA
                    Hayes, John ……..age:26…..b:IL (had a different mother)
                    Bullard, Hattie…...age:22….b:IL (had a different mother)

                    *********************************
                    1880 Davisville, Yolo Co, CA Census

                    Household: 39
                    Bullard, William G…age:48…..b:NY……..f/b:Vermont…m/b:NY (merchant)
                    Bullard, Mary A.T….age:37…..b:Ireland…f/b:Ireland…m/b:Ireland…1843
                    Bullard, Mary E…….age:10…..b?CA……..f/b:NY…m/b:Ireland
                    Bullard, Walter……..age:08…..b:CA….f/b:NY…m/b:Ireland
                    Bullard, Edward F….age:06…..b:CA…f/b:NY…m/b:Ireland
                    Bullard, William G…age:04…..b:CA…f/b:NY…m/b:Ireland
                    Bullard, Nettie B…...age:01…..b:CA
                    Bullard, Benjamin….age:74…..b:Vermont…f/b:Mass…m/b:Mass
                    Wah, Lee…………..age:36…...b:Canton…..f/b:Canton..m/b:Canton (China)

                    1880 Davisville, Yolo Co, CA Census
                    Household:257-261

                    Bullard, Frank …..age:57….b:Mass…f/b:Mass…m/b:Mass
                    Bullard, Mary…..age:44…..b:NY…..f/b:VT….m/b:VT…..1836
                    Bullard, Hattie E..age:12….b:CA
                    Bullard,Edgar…..age:09…..b:CA
                    Bullard,Edwin….age:09…..b:CA
                    Bullard, Francis...age:05…..b:CA….b:1875
                    Bullard, Hiram….age:01….b:CA
                    O'Brien, Lizzie…age:55….b:Ireland…f/b:Ireland…m/b:Ireland (servant)
                    Helm, SC……….age:28….b:IA…..f/b:VA…m/b:OH (works on farm)
                    Marshall, A……..age:21….b:IA….f/b:__..m/b:NY (farm work)
                    McClung, James..age:27….b:OH…f/b:Penn…m/b:Penn (farm work)
                    Clark, William…age:45…..b:OH….f/b:__m/b:__ (farm work)
                    Uh, Long……….age:30….b:China…f/b:China..m/b:China (cook)
                    1900 Woodland, Yolo Co, CA Census

                    Household: 173-173
                    Bullard, Mary…….b:June 1835..age:64…b:NY…f/b:Vermont..m/b:Vermont
                    (head)
                    Bullard, Edwin…...b:Feb 1871...age:29…b:CA
                    Bullard, Frank H…b:Mar 1875..age:25…b:CA
                    Bullard, Hiram N..b:Dec 1878...age:21…b:CA
                    Cublus?,Joseph….b:Apr 1859…age:41…b:Switzerland (servant)parents born
                    Switzerland

> [...]
                    > Hi everyone,
                    >
                    > It's been a while since I posted anything to this site. It has
                    been a while since I have received any posts also.

                    > A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin
                    County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in. The
                    Document, "Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History
                    and Genealogy", September 2005 was included with the fourth printing
                    of book. It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC
                    soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records
                    of our ancestor. The file is 19 pages long including tables and
                    charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

                    > This URL should take you to the site.
                    > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncrevwar/ncrevwar.htm
                    >
                    > If not, try this one -
                    > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncmil/
                    >

                    > Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.

                    Yahoo! Games.

                    > ---------------------------------

                  • Joyce McEntire
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 31, 2007
                      There was an Ephraim Bullard in Oklahoma and also some of the Bullards went to CA.  Seems like he worked in the coal mines?? you might just check census of Oklahoma to see if this might be right. I don't know exactly who he was related to just that he was in Oklahoma...I will try to find that  file
                      Joyce Bullard McEntire
                      Oklahoma

                      ************ ********* ********* ****

                      ************ ********* ********* ***

                      ************ ********* ********* ********* *****

                      ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* **
> [...]
                      > Hi everyone,
                      >
                      > It's been a while since I posted anything to this site. It has
                      been a while since I have received any posts also.

                      > A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin
                      County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in. The
                      Document, "Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History
                      and Genealogy", September 2005 was included with the fourth printing
                      of book. It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC
                      soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records
                      of our ancestor. The file is 19 pages long including tables and
                      charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

                      > This URL should take you to the site.
                      > http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncrevwar/ ncrevwar. htm
                      >
                      > If not, try this one -
                      > http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncmil/
                      >

                      > Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.

                      Yahoo! Games.

                      > ------------ --------- --------- ---

                    • Jessica Bullard
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
                        Benjamin, I dont think, is my ancestor.

                        However off the census info below

                        these are my family

                        the 1870 Putah. Yolo Co. Census record below

                        and

                        the 1880 Davisville, Yolo Co. Census record 257-261

                        and the 1900 Woodland, Yolo Co. Census info

                        :-)

                        I'd like to make a correction to it too...

                        What is listed as Frank H is actually Frank N (Francis Noble) off the 1900 Census information.

                        Barbara McAdams-Turpin <Babbimac@...> wrote:
> [...]

                        > Hi everyone,
                        >
                        > It's been a while since I posted anything to this site. It has
                        been a while since I have received any posts also.

                        > A few months ago I posted a research document on the Duplin
                        County NC Roots web site that some of you may be interested in. The
                        Document, "Supplement to William and Nathan BULLARD Family History
                        and Genealogy", September 2005 was included with the fourth printing
                        of book. It includes copies of the Revolutionary War Records of NC
                        soldier William BULLARD, and evidence for believing they are records
                        of our ancestor. The file is 19 pages long including tables and
                        charts (about 6 megabytes downloadable file.)

                        > This URL should take you to the site.
                        > http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncrevwar/ ncrevwar. htm
                        >
                        > If not, try this one -
                        > http://www.rootsweb .com/~ncmil/
                        >

                        > Wishing all of you a happy Memorial Day.

                        Yahoo! Games.

                        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?