update

  • Joyce McEntire
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      well if all else fails and the new age computer does not help..go get out those old hand written notes from long ago..
      I did
      and to share with you the continue search for a relative(Clyde & connection to Bullard TX area).  William Matthew Bullard.  I mis quoted his father as I thought that he was Lorenzo but in checking lots of notes etc it could  have been Alonzo Bullard..Also there was at one time a Bullard family reunion held each  year at Van TX for members of this family and Clyde did go to some of those reunions.
      Ok here is names from my notes.  Clyde's brother was a Horace who served 30 years in the army.  Moved to Hempstead TX when he got out died there and is buried there.
      his sister was an Estelle..stayed in Tyler area and married a Carl Clements
      maybe a sister named Edna no information
      Annie Mae(changed her name to Bonnie) and was raised by a family named McGuire
      there may have been a daughter named Elizabeth who died young 9/10
      William Matt Bullard was born in AL and Clyde and his sisters and brothers in Holly Pond AL and his mother is buried there.
      Matt died in a train accident around Denton Tx
      other names I find in my notes..
      Exton & Clara Lang
      Gene & Betty Lang
      also looking for a Sue Balknop or Balknap cannot read my writing who came to visit and brought me lots of information/notes and at the time we could not make a connection.
      HELP!!!!!
      Joyce Bullard McEntire

    • Carol J. Hull
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
        Joyce--

        My Dad was born at Van TX, but as far as I know, the Bullards you are
        talking about are not related to his Bullards. His father, aunts, and
        uncles were all born in Wood Co, Smith Co, Van Zandt Co, and Rains
        Co--and maybe Hunt Co. I can't remember what time period you are looking
        at, but one of Dad's uncles did have a son named Clyde Bullard. I'm
        pretty sure he isn't the Clyde you mentioned, because I think he was born
        in Texas in the 1930s, not in AL. I do have some photos of all of them
        at a Bullard family reunion--probably in or near Van--around 1951-1952.

        I wondered about the Bullard TX connection several years ago. Since the
        post office at Hewsville was re-named Bullard in 1883 (after the
        postmaster who arrived there in 1870), I guess it is possible that the
        John H. Bullard was a descendent of one of Nathan and Susan Bullard's
        oldest sons. I don't have a list of the sons' children, though. I just
        remember that I came away pretty sure that the Bullard TX Bullards had
        nothing to do with our Bullards.

        Carol