Re: [BULLARD] Bullards In Christian Co. KY

  • Frances Davis
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
      Babs,

      You might see if you can find in your library a book called
      The McAdams Family of Walker County, Texas by Kelly Edgar and Ina May Ogletree McAdams,
      A Texas Sesquicentennial History, written to honor the memory of John McAdams, Jr.  This is my husband,
      Richard's line on his parental side.
      Father, John McAdams, believed to have died at sea enroot to S Car.
      Mother, Katherne McCaddam/McAdams born 1735
      Son, John McAdams, b: 1757 m: Sarah Webb
      Daughter, Catherine, b: 1760
      Son, James, b: 1765
      They arrived on the ship Hillsbourgh, in  Boonsborough, S. Car.
      Hope this might help with your McAdams family,
      Frances Davis

[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Make Yahoo! your home page
      • Babbimac@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2005
          AOL Email
          Frances,

          For crying out loud!! I like that.  I thought I was the only McAdams on the Bullard site. Have you been to the McAdams Historical Society?  My line is the same as Joe McAdams who maintains this site, he also wrote the book, "Sons Of Adams. Our lines go back to James McAdams in Pendleton Dist SC./ or Pickens Co. SC.

          Some of them had my line hooked up with with William McAdams from IL, who came from the Orange Co. NC group. They are a different match also. I really do appreciate your interest in my McAdams Line. Thank you

          Joe has done the DNA test, which is a Rb1. The men who have done the test are on the link. I think they have several lines that are matching up.

          The Walker Co. McAdams have also done the DNA Test. I don't think the two groups are a real close match. But I believe that most of the McAdams do tie into the MacGregors. You know Rob Roy MacGregor was a very famous MacGregor. This family ended up on the wrong side of the King that came into power and they had to change their name. It is believed that Adam MacGregor changed his name to Adam McAdam.

                              **********************************

          I found this site below interesting, I copied and pasted a small part.
          This is so awesome.

          http://www.monikie.org.uk/race-and-dna.htm

          So: there is no gene for Englishness, Irishness, or Scottishness. And yet we all came from somewhere and, in a society increasingly disconnected from its roots, we are ever more desperate to find out where. This means reaching back through the millennia, identifying our earliest likely ancestors and tracking their progress through history. As it happens, wherever they go, migrants leave a distinct genetic footprint - the Y-chromosomes that are passed down unaltered from father to son across the generations. By matching these between existing populations, scientists have uncovered a small but vital piece of evidence. The modern people closest to the ancient Britons, whose tribal lands also included England, are those of Ireland and Wales. By comparing their Y-chromosomes with others, we can start to make connections. Mark Thomas, of UCL's Centre for Genetic Anthropology, explains: "When we look at the Y-chromosomes in Wales and Ireland, we find a very close match with the Basques." Other genetic evidence, he says, strongly suggests that the Basques are the descendants of the Palæolithic inhabitants of Western Europe prior to the arrival of farmers between 9,000 and 6,000 years ago". It is reasonable therefore to conclude that the Basques took refuge in the Iberian peninsula when the freeze was at its maximum, then moved northward behind the thaw to become the first people to recolonise Britain after the last Ice Age.
          The DNA evidence is now swinging back to bloody slaughter. If our chromosomes are telling the truth, something happened in the Dark Ages that resembles ethnic cleansing, and Englishmen owe their Anglo-Saxon stiff upper lips to an event that modern jurists would call a crime against humanity. Just like the Victorian people-hunters, UCL geneticists took advantage of family doctors' enthusiasm for scientific inquiry. This time the volunteers carried not tape measures and notebooks but sterile tubes and swabs, and instead of swamping the UK they spread out in a discrete line across the thickest part of the country, from Norfolk to Anglesey. To sample ancestral DNA, the doctors took cheek swabs from men who had been born, and whose paternal grandfathers had been born, within 30 kilometres of a selected market town. For comparison, the UCL team collected samples from Friesland in the Netherlands, part of the Anglo-Saxon homeland, and from Norway, home of the Vikings.
          The results seem to bear only one interpretation. Across all the breadth of middle England, the Y-chromosomes matched those of Friesland. But the Welsh were utterly different. Conclusion: the Saxons advanced from the east across central England but were halted at Offa's Dyke (a historic man-made rough barrier in the area between England an Wales), beyond which the indigenous Britons continued to flourish. In the English towns, the most striking thing was the sheer scale of Saxon genetic input. "Our conclusion from the figures," says Mark Thomas, "is that there was between 50% and 100% replacement of indigenous men by migrating Anglo-Saxons." If true, this was an achievement beyond the blood-lust of even the maddest modern tyrant. How could it have been achieved?
          They were, literally, the stuff of legend. Whatever happened at the Welsh border - the struggle between patriot and invader, red dragon versus white - is the historical underpinning of Celtic mythology's greatest hero, King Arthur. However it came about, the Welsh and Irish survived with their Britishness intact, while central England surrendered its wives and daughters to foreign swordsmen. Or most of it did.
                                  ************************************
          Now we can see why the hate for the Irish has gone on for generations. They were there first..

          Barbi

        • Penny Holmes
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 6, 2005
            AOL Email

            Hi

            I assume that the McAdams line that you are speaking of here –is the connection of the McAdams with Emily Bullard-daughter of Nathan Bullard and Polly Matilda Elizabeth Camp—correct?

            Penny

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 6, 2005
              Penney,

              That is correct. It appears that the Clary's did the Clary Genealogy and because Mary Clary who married a McAdams was from IL. Her husband must be also. People need to have the facts or documentation before they publish something. Because you never get the problem solved. This wrong information is still on the Mormon site.

              My Bullards Starting with Nathan b: 1822 & Matilda Bullard. Emily their daughter married a McAdams

              The Clary's had the McAdams line going like this, Willliam and Joseph McAdams who settled in Bond Co. IL from TN by way of Orange Co. NC. This is wrong they should have stuck to the Clary's and left the McAdams off. (DNA doesn't match)

              Their published records has Mary Clary married to William McAdams who is from IL *Wrong!!, and moved to Washington Co. AR. The William McAdams living in Washington Co. AR is Mary Clary's father in law, not her husband. Mary's father William Price Clary and her father in law moved to Smith Co. TX and are on the 1850 Census there. On this Census it list in the Household of William & Cynthia McAdams.

              These McAdams people could read and write. Notice the Birthplace of Malinda & Hugh McAdams the children of William & Cynthia. Several years ago I wrote off and got the CSA records of Hugh McAdams. He stated in his Civil War Pension Record that he was born in Washington Co. AR. I also have the Primitive Baptist Church Records that also mention the Clary's & Cynthia McAdams the wife of William McAdams. Not Mary Clary who is their daughter in law. If Hugh was born in Washington Co. AR then it stands to reason that his parents lived there. Go to bottom of this census record.

              McAdams,William .......62.....M......Farmer.....2,500.....SoCarolina
              McAdams,Cynthia........59.....F.....................................NoCarolina
              McAdams,Thomas F....23.... M........Farmer.................Alabama
              McAdams,Malinda S...17..... F.....................................Arkansas
              McAdams, Hugh L.......15.....M..................................Arkansas

              I always said that the William McAdams in Bond Co. IL didn't fit. The Hays family also had the family Bible it confirmed everything I said all along.

              For those of you that don't know anything about what we are talking about I will try and make sense and add the family line. Starting with the McAdams on my line.

              1.James McAdams b: 1749 in VA, he is on the Records 1780s of Wataga, Washington Co. TN which was taken from, I think Virginia, when James sold his land in TN his wife's name, Jemina is on the deeds, he later moved to The Old Pendleton Dist. SC/Pickens Co. SC. He is on the Census records there for 1790, 1800, 1810, along with his son William M. McAdams (Smith Co. TX.)

              When my older James (above) applied for a Land Patent in Alabama they put him down on the Records as James McAdams Of Pendleton Dist SC (Never seen that done before), that is on line. He left a will naming all his children (St Claire, Co.AL) in 1833, his brother Thomas (no children) left a will nameing his nephew William McAdams in Smith Co. TX.

              How anyone could have come up with the William McAdams in Bond Co. IL, are uninformed and ignorant of the records. Below is how the McAdams connect to the Bullards.

              1. James McAdams b: 1749 Of Pendleton Dist. SC-d: 1833 St. Claire Co. AL
                2. William M. McAdams b 1780 d: 1860,Buried Sand Hill Cem Bowie Co. TX
                   3. James McAdams b:8/18/1810 SC - d: 8/8/1850-Mary Clary (Bullard Cem)
                       4. James P. McAdams b: 1/20/1845 AR, -Emily Bullard d/o Nathan b: 1822

              Mary Clary is buried in the Bullard Cemetery in Parker Co. TX.

              her son James McAdams & Emily Bullard are buried almost next to Nathan Bullard and Polly Matilda Camp/Kemp in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery just down the road from where I was partially raised.

              Below is William & Cynthia McAdams and James and Mary Clary-McAdams, notice the ages match for the McAdams in Smith Co. TX even for Hugh.

              Line 16
              James McAdams
              w/m 20-30 years=1
              w/f 15-20 years=1

              Line 17
              Wm McAdams
              w/m under 5 yrs=1
              w/m 10-15 years=1
              w/m 50-60 years=1
              w/f 05-10 years=1
              w/f 10-15 years=2
              w/f 40-50 years=1

              Because someone went on the wrong line, it may never be fixed. But I am always ready to help someone if they will just check the
              records and not follow a wagon off.

              Barbi

            • Frances Davis
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 6, 2005
                Sorry, I do not know.  My McAdams settle in Walker County Texas I am do not know
                anything except they landed in S. Car. and were given land. I will do some more research
                but I am pretty sure that I do not have anything on the Sister and Brother.
                Frances

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 7, 2005
                  Hi Frances,

                  This is what The McAdams Historical Society has on the TX site, Mine is this family below. Joe has been sick and hasn't updated this site in a while. The ones below are all my family. Bethany McAdams married her cousin John McAdams s/o William & Cynthia & brother to my James. . Don't know when he died but Bethany moves to Cass Co. TX along with most of these people. In her will she leaves her estate to the heirs of William M. McAdams her father inlaw and not the heirs of Samuel McAdams her father.

                  Before Bethany (d/o of Samuel) & John McAdams(s/o William, moved to Smith Co. TX, they were living in Lawrence Co. AL. Bethany was underage when she married John so her father Samuel had to give permission for them to marry.

                  Texas land grant list of 1839 and 1841 are the following McAdams :

                  1.  William McAdams, Sr. 1839, son of James McAdams of Pendleton Dist.,S.C.
                  2.  William McAdams, Jr.  1839, son of William, above.
                  3.  Jeptha McAdams, 1839, son of William, Sr., above.
                  4.  Samuel McAdams, 1841, brother of above William, Sr., and son of James
                        McAdams  of Pendleton Dist., S.C.
                  5.  Bethany McAdams, 1839 - related to Samuel McAdams of Pendleton District,  S.C.

                  Did you see the DNA on the McAdams Site, they have connected the Walker Co. McAdams up with a man in Ireland, and it tells where he lives.

                  Barbi