spam

  • c_hedger
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
      Greetings to all, my summer has been extremelybusy, and Ihaven't been
      home much. We do have a couple of new members to welcome, and I know
      we all have good intentions concerning our climb up the family tree,
      maybe I'll get back to it this winter.

      I do apologize for the inappropriate and/or offensive message that
      got thru the spam filters, it is just bound to happen once in awhile.
      I'm doing what I can.

      Again, my best to you all.

      Carole Hedger, Listowner
    • Joyce McEntire
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
        Hi Carol
        because message title included the word spam my filter kicked it out to the
        delete box..just thought I would let you know
        Joyce Bullard McEntire
        Oklahoma
        > Greetings to all, my summer has been extremelybusy, and Ihaven't been
        > home much. We do have a couple of new members to welcome, and I know
        > we all have good intentions concerning our climb up the family tree,
        > maybe I'll get back to it this winter.
        >
        > I do apologize for the inappropriate and/or offensive message that
        > got thru the spam filters, it is just bound to happen once in awhile.
        > I'm doing what I can.
        >
        > Again, my best to you all.
        >
        > Carole Hedger, Listowner
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • c_hedger
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 19, 2005
          hi group,
          once more i must apologize for unwanted, inappropriate messages being
          posted to the group. this seems to happen every time i try to open the
          membership list. i am the first to admit that i do not devote much
          time to the list, and not wanting to exclude any 'cousins', i have
          tried to leave it open. altho i am away from home a lot, i now have a
          new lap-top, so it will be easier to monitor what's going on
          (hopefully). with that in mind, i have once again closed the list, and
          anyone wishing to join or post messages must go thru me firt (at
          least, that's the way it's supposed to work).

          I'm happy to report the membership still includes most of the charter
          members, and the list benifits greatly from their continued input and
          support.

          regards to all,

          Carole Hedger
          Listowner
        • Penny Holmes
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 19, 2005
            This sounds fine, Carole. But if it is too much work for you, I think we
            can handle the occasional "intruder" by just deleting the message.

            Thanks for you time and effort

            Penny