re: Wm. & Nathan BULLARD Book Gifts to Libraries.

  • sbullard@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2004

      Hi all,

                  It has been a while since I have posted anything to our BULLARD YAHOO LIST.  It has been a busy time for me and I would think the same is true for many of you.

                  Mary and I returned from two weeks of Family and WWII 96th Infantry Division Reunions Monday afternoon. Aug. 2.  It takes a few days to recover and catch up.  We had enjoyable times at both, Fred Bullard Family Reunion at Pere Marquette State Park in Illinois and Army Division Reunion in Salt Lake City .

                  I want to let you know that I gave a book to the Mormon Church Library while in Salt Lake City with the following inscription on the inside cover:

                  This book is presented to the LDS (Mormon) Family History and Genealogy Library, Salt Lake City as a gift from

            The descendants of

                  William and Nathan Bullard of North Carolina

                  This book is given in recognition of and appreciation for the outstanding collection of Family History and Genealogy research materials made available to the public.

                  Presented this day, July 28, 2004 by the author

                              Spencer Ardell Bullard�

                  I authorized them to microfilm the book and make it available to the Family History Centers of the Mormon Church.  They have about 2.5 million microfilm files catalogued and available to the public and Library researchers.

                  Earlier in July a good friend and former supervisor, Dr. George E. Fosdick, and I made a gift of a book to the Denver Public Library.  He is active in their Genealogical Society.

                  Other books given to Libraries and/or Societies are:

      To NCGS (North Carolina Genealogical Society), Greenville, NC a book for review which will then be placed in the North Carolina State Archives and Library in Raleigh, NC.

      To Oklahoma State Geological Center, in Muskogee , OK in honor of Dr. Andrew Charles Bullard by Joyce Bullard McEntire and Eleta Bullard Nolte.

      To the Library of The DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution), Washington DC , in honor of Spencer A. Bullard, given by Edith Rutherford Knott.

      To Weatherford Public Library, Parker County, Texas, where Nathan3 Bullard and his sons came, ca 1860, given by Una McCormick

      To C. E. Brehm Library, Genealogical Section, Mt. Vernon, Illinois, in honor of Sarah Bullard Meador by Dennis Johnson and Spencer A. Bullard

      To The Library of Edwards County Historical Society, Albion , Illinois by Terry Harper.

                  If any of you have relatives who desires to learn more about our BULLARD Family, these books may be a source within their reach.

      Best wishes to all,

      Spencer A. Bullard

    • Bill Alexander
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2004

        Hi Spence, I received my book and I love it.  I have slowly been going through it to see how much of my line might be in there.  I am from William Buck Bullard, Alf Bullard, Andrew Bullard, Herman Bullard and then me.  On page 55 Penny provided the information on William Bullard. I know that this is a census and sometimes is incorrect.  I needed to get clarification on some of these and give info that I have.  My great Uncle Aaron Bullard b. 10/12/1911, son of Alf b.4/10/1854 Grandson of William is still living and I have talked to him a great deal and gotten lots of info from him.  I showed him your book and asked about the info on page 55.  This is what he told me. (Let me make it clear that I do not have any documentation (birth certificates, etc.) on any of these dates--they were provided by another family member that did not provide the documentation).  So my info is word of mouth. Uncle Aaron said that Julia age 19 was not a daughter of William.  She probably did live there and maybe worked for the family. William age 14 is a nephew that was living with them.  He is from the Bullard’s at Tupelo. Nathanial and McDanial are not twins.  I have birth dates for them as 1855 for MacDaniel and Nathaniel was born 1860.  Andrew and Aaron were not twins.  Andrew was born 3/14/1845 and Aaron was born 1848. I would love to hear from you and or Penny to see if you have any documentation for this line. I mostly wanted you to know that all of these people listed are not William’s children.  Uncle Aaron said that he remembers family talking about Thyra being mentally retarded, but he does not remember him personally.  You are absolutely correct about twins running in this line.  We have at least 10 (I can’t remember exactly) sets of twins just from Alf. My Robbie (Bullard) Hicks had twins, boy/girl, the girl had triplets, 2girls/1boy, the girl had twins, boy/girl.

        Thanks, Eva Alexander

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2004
          Eva...would you email me please...
          Joyce Bullard McEntire
          Oklahoma

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 20, 2004
            sorry about that Eva...my email is
            thanks
            Joyce Bullard Mcentire

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2004

              Hi Eva,

                     It is nice to hear from you.

                    Your observations and concerns re: William "Buck" Bullard Family and census on Page 55 can best be answered by those who descend from the Wright Bullard line.  I know Penny Holmes and Una McCormick and Carol Hedger have made previous posts to our Yahoo Group.  I hope they will followup on the query.  I will update my FTM database if you will keep me on the CC list.  I will update now with your information and correct if different information emerges.

              Thanks,

              Spence Bullard