Re: New Photo added to group album

  • dowopinn00
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
      Looking at your photo the man on the right seems to bear a
      resemblance to the photo of Nathan with Susan Bullard shown at the
      beginning of the Bullard photos. Could this possibly be father and
      son?

      --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Bullard Hull"
      <carolhull1@j...> wrote:
      > Good Morning to all my Bullard cousins!
      >
      > I have downloaded photo #28 to our group photo album. My father
      > tells me that this is a photo of Nathan Andrew Hubbard Bullard (b
      > 1847 TN, son of Nathan Bullard (b 1806) and the mysterious Susan).
      > Nathan is the man on the left. The setting is a blacksmith shop,
      but
      > I don't know the date. I do know that on the 1910 census, Nathan
      > gave his occupation to be "refarrer", which is apparently another
      > term for "blacksmith". On all previous censuses, he had given his
      > occupation as "farmer".
      >
      > I regret the poor quality of this photo. It has been in my
      > grandparents' house in East Texas for years--probably since it was
      > taken--and has been exposed to high humidity. I have many other
      > photos that I need to scan. Dad can't identify all of them, so I
      may
      > need some help with that. I suspect that many of them are the
      > Praytor family, but there are certainly some more Bullards mixed
      in.
      > If any of you have elderly relatives who might be able to identify
      > old photos, contact me and I will e-mail some of them to you
      > privately so that maybe we can get them identified. They are
      > probably all descendents of NAH Bullard on my grandfather's side
      and
      > John Calhoun Praytor on my grandmother's side.
      >
      > Carol Bullard Hull
    • dowopinn00
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
        If nothing else can somebody translate what it says? Maybe we all
        just won a prize?

        --- In BULLARD@yahoogroups.com, "Nina Campbell" <ncampbell@t...>
        wrote:
> [...]
      • Carol Bullard Hull
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
          If I have followed the posts of others correctly, then the Nathan in
          Bullard photo #1 (Nathan Bullard and Polly Camp) is actually the
          nephew of the Nathan in Bullard photo #28. Is that what everyone
          else thinks? (I wish these people had not worn beards--it makes
          photo identification much more difficult!)

          Carol

        • sbullard@att.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2004
            Hi all,

            With regard to photos #28 and #2 in the Group Photo Album: My database
            shows Nathan Andrew Hubbard BULLARD (#28) to be a first cousin to Nathan3
            Marvin BULLARD (#2). Their fathers are brothers therefore they have common
            grandparents, Nathan1 and Sarah Stroud BULLARD.

            Spence