Re: [BULLARD] New Group Member Profile

  • Babbimac@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      Welcome Toni,
      I seems that Toni has Bullard family from Palo Pinto Co. TX & Erath Co. TX. Some of the same places my Bullards lived and we have visited back and forth off and on. Toni told me she had done the DNA Testing and I was telling her that some of our Bullards were thinking about doing the same thing. Thought this would be a good way for us all to track the DNA Results.  For the Bullard Families

      I haven't been on line for a while trying to break the smoking habit and that is the first thing I wanted to do when I sat down at my PC. When I got back on line there were about 400 emails. LOL most of them Spam and we wont go there..............

      I hope everyone has a good day.

      Barbi T
    • Jessica Bullard
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2003
        Welcome back and GOOD LUCK!

        :-)

        Babbimac@... wrote:
        Hi Everyone,

        Welcome Toni,
        I seems that Toni has Bullard family from Palo Pinto Co. TX & Erath Co. TX. Some of the same places my Bullards lived and we have visited back and forth off and on. Toni told me she had done the DNA Testing and I was telling her that some of our Bullards were thinking about doing the same thing. Thought this would be a good way for us all to track the DNA Results.  For the Bullard Families

        I haven't been on line for a while trying to break the smoking habit and that is the first thing I wanted to do when I sat down at my PC. When I got back on line there were about 400 emails. LOL most of them Spam and we wont go there..............

        I hope everyone has a good day.

        Barbi T

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Babbimac@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2003
          Thanks, I need it
        • Toni Richard Turk
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2003
            My BULLARD line:

            Robert BULLARD b. 1748 in NC m. Priscilla (CHEROKEE)
            Sion BULLARD b. 1775 in NC m. Rachel (CHEROKEE)
            Benjamin BULLARD b. 1801 in NC m. Cenith BARNES
            Martha Ann BULLARD b. 1821 in TN m. Preston Ford SOUTHERN

            A DNA Print establishes that I am 15% American Indian. My grandfather Claud SOUTHERN (grandson of the above) was b. 1894 in the Indian Territory. Family members filed for enrollment with the Cherokee Tribe under the Dawes Commission. Their application is supported with excellent documentation connecting this family to Robeson Co., NC. Working from the known to the unknown and then backwards to my self through "blood quantum" calculations strongly suggest the accuracy of the above stated CHEROKEE connections.

          • Nina Campbell
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2003

              > Robert BULLARD b. 1748 in NC m. Priscilla (CHEROKEE)
              Sion BULLARD b. 1775 in NC m. Rachel (CHEROKEE)
              Benjamin BULLARD b. 1801 in NC m. Cenith BARNES
              Martha Ann BULLARD b. 1821 in TN m. Preston Ford SOUTHERN

              I don't have any of these people in my database.

              Are you saying that Priscilla and Rachel were the Cherokees?

              > A DNA Print establishes that I am 15% American Indian.

              I would be interested to know where you found a DNA test that will give you percentages of NA heritage.  I've never seen one that would tell you more than the fact that you have NA blood (which experts estimate 66% of the population will show NA blood).

              Nina Campbell

            • Toni Richard Turk
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2003
                Nina:

                A wedding of the results of a DNA Print with genealogical research suggests the probability that Priscilla and Rachel, who married BULLARD men, were Cherokee. Sion BULLARD's wife Cenith BARNES has been confirmed to have had a mixed white/Cherokee ancestry.

                My direct BULLARD line is connected with Erath Co., TX, where Martha Ann BULLARD SOUTHERN died abt 1889. This line of BULLARDs traces into NC. They were definitely associated with  Robeson County. You can check out the details of my research conclusions at:

                American Indian issues complicates what is already a tough line to research. I will appreciate any corrections to my research that may be offered. Thanks!

                Toni