Re: email attachment - Virus!!!

  • dowopinn00
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2002
      Dear Orlene:

      I also recently received email that looked like it was from another family member.  One of them had an attachment of a photo that I had placed on a "Bullard" group message board.  It also had a file labeled ie5\jucvvho1\yo.bat.  There was no message, just the attachments.  Dumb Me!  The photo was harmless, but the other file goofed up Internet Explorer.  The email address from the sender turned out to be a fake ... just similar to my nieces address.  I'm copying everyone I know on this one.  There is a fix.  The file ended up in my Windows\Temp directory.  I deleted everything in that file and reloaded Internet Explorer 6 from the Microsoft web site.  My problem now is that whoever sent me that little gem must have accessed my email address list.  Sorry, but it's very possible that your computer got infected because of that.

      Please do get the latest version of Family Tree Maker.  Both Sue and I can email you the GED files we have and maybe restore a lot of what you lost.

      Bobbi