new member

  • kristybullard@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2000
      Hello. Thank you all for sharing this wonderful information! I am a
      member of the next-to-youngest Bullard generation in my direct line
      (now that two of my cousins have babies!), and was recently given a
      genealogy report by a great uncle (not on the Bullard side).

      I have been told that my great grandfather, George Washington
      Bullard, was the son of Asa Dow Bullard, who was the son of Asa
      Lorenzo Bullard and an Indian wife who died in childbirth.

      This was all I had been told when I began my research just a few
      weeks ago, and since then I have become confused with the
      multiple "Asa Bullards" I have encountered. I read many of your
      among members of this group, so I have wondered if we're truly
      speaking of the same line, but I seem to recall one of the postings
      included a reference to George, or G. W., as a son of Asa Dow. At
      least I'm on the right track!

      I hope that I will find answers as I speak to my living ancestors,
      and will be able to share stories, as you all have shared. Since I
      am so new to this, I would love to hear suggestions for finding
      information on my ancestors.

      Kristy Bullard
    • redbird
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 15, 2000
        Dear Kristy...welcome to the endless search for "THE BULLARDS"...my family
        is from Stroud Bullard in IL and then great grandfather came into
        Oklahoma....where do you live....let me know if I can help
        Joyce Bullard McEntire
        Oklahoma
        > Hello. Thank you all for sharing this wonderful information! I am a
        > member of the next-to-youngest Bullard generation in my direct line
        > (now that two of my cousins have babies!), and was recently given a
        > genealogy report by a great uncle (not on the Bullard side).
        >
        > I have been told that my great grandfather, George Washington
        > Bullard, was the son of Asa Dow Bullard, who was the son of Asa
        > Lorenzo Bullard and an Indian wife who died in childbirth.
        >
        > This was all I had been told when I began my research just a few
        > weeks ago, and since then I have become confused with the
        > multiple "Asa Bullards" I have encountered. I read many of your
        > among members of this group, so I have wondered if we're truly
        > speaking of the same line, but I seem to recall one of the postings
        > included a reference to George, or G. W., as a son of Asa Dow. At
        > least I'm on the right track!
        >
        > I hope that I will find answers as I speak to my living ancestors,
        > and will be able to share stories, as you all have shared. Since I
        > am so new to this, I would love to hear suggestions for finding
        > information on my ancestors.
        >
        > Kristy Bullard

      • jerryb4417
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 12, 2004
          HI,
          First of all I like to say thank you to all the people that
          have welcomed me to the group I think that was great!!! .
          I am new to the group and I like to introduce myself... I am
          Jerry Bullard and my line is .....

          John or Nathan Bullard (b1765)
          Wright Bullard (b1798)
          William Buchanon Bullard (b1824)
          Wright McDaniel Bullard (b1866)
          German Bullard (b1901)
          Grant J Bullard (b1926)
          Jerry L. Bullard (b1948)

          I am a retired Navy, my hobby is computers..smile... I love
          to do graphics and do all sorts of things with those,, starting get
          into repairing pictures and colorizing those old black and whites,
          digitizing my lp's, 78's and cassetts.... and starting to get into
          digitizing vhs tapes and such..!
          Although I haven't been doing geneaology for very long,
          however because of a lot of help from people from boards like this
          and from a lot of cousings... smile.. I have been able to make a lot
          of progress in a short time!
          My current geno projects.... working on a theory of
          connecting John Buller (b1485) with John/Nathan Bullard line...!!
          obtaining the will and hopefully the death certificate of Wright
          Bullard, finding info about the wife (margaret peggy white) of
          William buck Bullard , and a few others relatives....
          I am looking forward to finding more info about my family
          tree and contributing to this wonderful board.
        • Bill Alexander
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 12, 2004
            Jerry, let me first welcome you to the group. And then I would like to
            offer my condolences for Grant. I loved talking to him at the family
            reunions. He came to my house to meet with some of us to discuss our line
            and really enjoyed his visit. I will miss him greatly. I have a lot of
            info, however, its mostly from Alf down. If I can help you, let me know.
            Eva (Bootie) Alexander

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

            ---
          • Penny Holmes
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 12, 2004
              Jerry

              Great to have you join the group.

              Looking forward to perhaps finding new info.

              Penny
              My line:
              Nathan Bullard and Sarah Stroud
              Wright Bullard and Elizabeth McDaniel
              Nathan Bullard and Polly Camp
              Martha Bullard and John Miller
              Sarah Jane Miller and Tipton Harrison Dennis
              Noah Dennis and Irene Garner
              Lloyd Dennis
              Penny Dennis Holmes--me

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 12, 2004
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
                  hi Eva,
                  Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner.... a lot of things being going on
                  here...
                  yes... I remember my dad mentioning you allthe time.......
                  I have heard that you went on a long vacation?? I tried calling you a few
                  weeks ago and my brother mentioned something about you going to austrailia
                  for a vacation....!
                  Yes I would be interested in what you have........ if you want I can send
                  you a ged file.... of what I have....!! I was wondering anything on Margeret
                  white, wife of william "buck" bullard (b1824) , son of wright bullard (b1798)
                  I am not sure when.. but I am hoping soon.... smiling..... to be able to
                  get over to greenwood.. they have on file wright bullard will..... hoping that
                  they have a death certificate with it....

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2004
                    Jerry, Australia??? Don't I wish!! I have moved and no longer have the same
                    phone number, but have not been on vacation. I haven't been doing much on
                    the family history the past year due to illness. If you will contact me at
                    our personal email address at ealex@... I will give you my phone # so
                    we can talk. I don't remember if Grant got one of my books or not but I
                    have quite a lot of your family in it. I don't have anything on Margaret
                    White. I would really be interested in seeing the will of Wright Bullard.
                    Which Wright is it?