Picture

  • White Hawk
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
      Bill, Spence and Joyce Wrote,

      > The picture you sent could pass for a picture of my sister at that age.
      > Bill Bullard..... The very same thing could be said of a sister of mine
      at that age. Spence Bullard..... Good Morning Ms. White Hawk....
      > Have I missed something here....I got the picture this morning but others
      I do not have that you might have sent. redbird
      > Joyce Bullard McEntire
      > Oklahoma
      ``````````````````````````````````````````

      Bill and Spence, when my husband gets my scanner up and running again, I'll
      send you a picture of my g-grandmother (Addy Bullard Hammons) who died in
      1900 and is buried in the Porter Swamp Cemetery in Columbus County, NC.
      BTW, I recently meet a family that lives in Eastern NC who are Bullards and
      they are registered as/with The Pee Dee Indian Nation. My Mother was full
      blood Lumbee, but most of her family line was light skinned. However, she
      did have blue black, straight as a stick hair. Her brothers had the real
      curly hair. The Lumbee People are every shade of color from pale to black
      and every shade in-between. I think the Pee Dee are the same way.

      Joyce, my mother's picture was the only one I sent. I was looking at a
      picture of E. M. Bullard and was amazed at the similarity. Such a small
      world. :-)

      Tanakia,
      Dorothy White Hawk
    • redbird
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
        Ms. White Hawk.
        I am very interested in anything you might have found connecting Bullard to
        any indian tribe. I think most of us have heard for years of this kind of
        connection but have had no proof.
        redbird
        Joyce Bullard McEntire
        Oklahoma
      • SPENCEB@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999

          << Subj: [BULLARD] Picture
          Date: 99-09-01 14:46:20 EDT
          From: whitehawk@... (White Hawk)
          To: BULLARD@onelist.com

          From: "White Hawk" <whitehawk@...>

          Bill, Spence and Joyce Wrote,

          > The picture you sent could pass for a picture of my sister at that age.
          > Bill Bullard..... The very same thing could be said of a sister of mine
          at that age. Spence Bullard..... Good Morning Ms. White Hawk....
          > Have I missed something here....I got the picture this morning but others
          I do not have that you might have sent. redbird
          > Joyce Bullard McEntire
          > Oklahoma
          ``````````````````````````````````````````

[...]

          Tanakia, Dorothy White Hawk,
          I don't have a scanner and if I did, I would probably have trouble find
          a picture of my younger sister, June b. 1934. The time frame for a hair do
          and age would have been the 1950/60s.
          I don't recall the picture of E. M. Bullard but do remember one that
          Barbie sent of an Emily Bullard, I think. I didn't look for similiarities at
          that time.
          Spence
        • Babbimac@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 19, 2006