Re: Matthew Bullard

  • redbird
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 10:47 AM
      while you guys are wondering around all over the states....have you ever
      heard or seen a Blake Bullard....shows in the 1910 census Ms. or just even
      the name anywhere and please do not forget to keep an eye out for a Patrick
      but as of now....begining to wonder about that name as I cannot find it
      ANYWHERE!!
      joyce
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 10:49 AM

        << Subj: [BULLARD] Matthew Bullard

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 11:17 AM
          Cilla, Joyce, and Oneliners;
          I must correct my last post. I did copy the actual SC census records
          and have now verified that my data check with the actual copies for the
          Chesterfield County Bullards.
          I will watch for Patrick and Blake. I don't recall seeing them.
          Spence
        • fuesting
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 2:47 PM
            Spence and Joyce
            I did read the microfilm copy wrong....I thought that ( " ) marks were
            ditto marks....not so, as I checked ...obviously they meant ( 0 )
            But in the upper left hand portion of my copy it reads Charleston
            ....under the word Charleston it says, 1st Battalion, under that it reads
            Chesterfield district. Do you think that it is the city of Charleston?
            Can't seem to locate a map this afternoon.
            I did find the same names in the census index.....but whimp that I am
            could not hold on long enough to watch that 'ole' microfilm roll on and on.
            Drives me crazy...but it makes me so sick, I can't sit there very long. I
            found this one exceptionally hard to read...numbers everywhere, I couldn't
            decide which were page numbers (geesh) I was pretty GREEN when I stumbled
            on Matthew. I was looking for Nathan when something told me to stop or I
            was going to be tossing my cookies. I guess I need to go back and forth
            between books and microfilm. ha
            Spence, I also found Elijah in the 1830 Hamilton County, Tn census. This
            is where my GGgrandfather James M. Bullard was born. I don't have to
            microfilm copies.....guess that will take awhile. sigh.
            Thanks for the reply ...it made me look a little closer.
            Cilla

            >Cilla, Joyce, and Oneliners;
            > I must correct my last post. I did copy the actual SC census records
            >and have now verified that my data check with the actual copies for the
            >Chesterfield County Bullards.
            > I will watch for Patrick and Blake. I don't recall seeing them.
            >Spence

            >Looking for an easy, effective way to research an important topic?
            >http://www.onelist.com
            >Joining a ONElist community is your answer.

          • fuesting
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 7:55 PM
              Spence,
              You said that Nathan was the likely father to my Elijah. Do you have a
              birth date on him? This is not Carole's Nathan is it? She has him born
              1822 (I think). More confusion!!! Cilla
            • SPENCEB@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 1:23 PM

                << Subj: [BULLARD] Re: Matthew Bullard
                Date: 99-05-01 22:59:20 EDT
                From: fuesting@... (fuesting)
                To: BULLARD@onelist.com

                From: fuesting <fuesting@...>

                Spence,
                You said that Nathan was the likely father to my Elijah. Do you have
                birth date on him? This is not Carole's Nathan is it? She has him born
                1822 (I think). More confusion!!! Cilla

                Cilla,
                The Nathan in the 1810 SC Chesterfield County census I believe is Nathan
                b. abt. 1770, d. 1842 mar. Sarah Stroud 21 Jan. 1795 in Duplin County, NC.
                He and Sarah are identified in Lorenzo Dow Bullard (1816-1878) Bible Records
                as Lorenzo's father and mother. Lorenzo is reported by his son, my
                grandfather Lawrence Bullard, as stating that he was the seventh son of a
                seventh son. This and several other reasons lead me to believe that Nathan
                and Sarah are the parents of Elijah. The census data supports this belief.
                Elijah raised Andrew Charles Bullard, a son of Stroud and Mary, after their
                death in abt 1852. Lorenzo also raised a son of Stroud's, Wright, after the
                death of his parents.
                The Nathan (1822-1912) was the oldest son of Wright (1797-1873).
                I hope this is helpful.
                Spence
              • fuesting
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2 1:42 PM
                  Spence,
                  I have a copy of your bible record somewhere in the stack of the
                  archives..........holy cow! That stack is about three inchers high. Got
                  to go through it again. I have been reading some information that Shirley
                  sent me from old newsletters. I guess it is just me but the more I read
                  the more I get confused. I think a few hundred years ago that SOME Bullard
                  put about a dozen or so (give or take a few) names in a hat and told all
                  the rest of the Bullards that they had to draw a name out of the hat when
                  they had a baby boy! lol>
                  Thanks for the info...I will find my back up data.
                  Cilla