BU HOCKEY UPDATE - SALUTE TO JACK PARKER'S 40TH SEASON AT THE HELM

  • ch45@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2012
      To all;

      Hope this finds everyone doing well. After a tumultuous summer and the piling on by the Globe and other media outlets, we are readying for the opening of the 2012-2013 season.

      As you well know, this will be Jack Parker's 40th year behind the bench. To recognize this milestone, we will honor Jack between the first and second periods of the UMass game October 26, 2012. Please note that this is not a retirement event and that tickets will be allocated once we have a firm count.

      Here are the details from Tommy Ryan:

      We are planning a former players night to show our support and present Jack with a plaque for his forty years of leadership , both for the hockey program and the university .

      The goal is to get 100 former players managers and assistant coaches at the game and down to ice level between the first and second periods where Bernie will say a few words then introduce Travis Roy who will speak and present Jack with the plaque.

      Tickets are being secured by the athletic dept . If anyone has any questions they can email Tom (tmryan1331@...) or call Kathi Brown at 617 353 4639.

       As you know we will never will a battle against the media but this is a good way to show our support to the hockey program that has been the envy of all college hockey programs in the east. Actions speak louder than words .

      Hope to see you there.

      Chris Henes

    • Albert Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
        Put me down. Just booked my ticket for the event.

        Al Gonzalez
        817.247.6129
        Sent from my iPhone