Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Removal of group head gasket and screen

Expand Messages
  • paul.marchetto
    Great illustration. I looks like you can damage it when you remove it with the awl, so i guess i should order a new one before it take mine out. Do you order
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 11, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Great illustration. I looks like you can damage it when you remove it with the awl, so i
      guess i should order a new one before it take mine out. Do you order an E 61 gasket?

      Paul




      --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com, "dmankin" <david.mankin@...> wrote:
      >
      > Here's a great illustrated article showing the process:
      >
      > http://espressoparts2.zoovy.com/category/espressotutorials.e61groupmaintenance/
      >
      > sorry for the long url - snipurl is misbehaving tonight.
      >
      > David
      > +++++++++++++++++++++
      >
      >
      > --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com, "paul.marchetto" <pmarchetto@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I would like to clean the group head gasket and screen. I don't see
      > and screw to remove it.
      > > Does it pry off? Help
      > >
      >
    • Susan
      Ah, Paul, no. They rebuilt my old one. Susan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 11, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Ah, Paul, no.
        They rebuilt my old one.
        Susan

        paul.marchetto wrote:
        >
        > -Thanks, Also Susan, I will be calling J c Beverage in the morning to
        > order a new pump. Did
        > they have a direct replacement?
        >
        > -- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:BUG-is-Bunn%40yahoogroups.com>, Susan <landperson@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > If I remember correctly, the screen just pries off.
        > > If you go to my picture album and look at pictures 64-67, you will see
        > > the next few steps in the process.
        > > Susan
        > >
        > > paul.marchetto wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I would like to clean the group head gasket and screen. I don't see
        > > > and screw to remove it.
        > > > Does it pry off? Help
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >
        >
      • paul.marchetto
        OK, but I can t go without my espresso, so I will order a replacement and swap it out. Do you have the specs of yur pump?
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 11, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          OK, but I can't go without my espresso, so I will order a replacement and swap it out.
          Do you have the specs of yur pump?

          --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com, Susan <landperson@...> wrote:
          >
          > Ah, Paul, no.
          > They rebuilt my old one.
          > Susan
          >
          > paul.marchetto wrote:
          > >
          > > -Thanks, Also Susan, I will be calling J c Beverage in the morning to
          > > order a new pump. Did
          > > they have a direct replacement?
          > >
          > > -- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:BUG-is-Bunn%40yahoogroups.com>, Susan <landperson@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > If I remember correctly, the screen just pries off.
          > > > If you go to my picture album and look at pictures 64-67, you will see
          > > > the next few steps in the process.
          > > > Susan
          > > >
          > > > paul.marchetto wrote:
          > > > >
          > > > > I would like to clean the group head gasket and screen. I don't see
          > > > > and screw to remove it.
          > > > > Does it pry off? Help
          > > > >
          > > > >
          > > >
          > >
          > >
          >
        • dmankin
          Paul, JC Bev. rebuilt mine as well. It is essentially a NEW PUMP at that point, with a warranty too. They are nice to work with. Like Susan said, call &
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 11, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            Paul,

            JC Bev. rebuilt mine as well. It is essentially a NEW PUMP at that
            point, with a warranty too. They are nice to work with. Like Susan
            said, call & speak to Wanda. They'll do a great job. My pump was not
            able to put out anything more than 5 or 6 bars, and I snapped off the
            adjustment screw trying to get more from it. The replaced everything
            but the outer shell, basically.

            David
            +++++++++++++++++++

            --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com, Susan <landperson@...> wrote:
            >
            > Ah, Paul, no.
            > They rebuilt my old one.
            > Susan
            >
            > paul.marchetto wrote:
            > >
            > > -Thanks, Also Susan, I will be calling J c Beverage in the morning to
            > > order a new pump. Did
            > > they have a direct replacement?
            > >
            > > -- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:BUG-is-Bunn%40yahoogroups.com>, Susan <landperson@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > If I remember correctly, the screen just pries off.
            > > > If you go to my picture album and look at pictures 64-67, you
            will see
            > > > the next few steps in the process.
            > > > Susan
            > > >
            > > > paul.marchetto wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > I would like to clean the group head gasket and screen. I
            don't see
            > > > > and screw to remove it.
            > > > > Does it pry off? Help
            > > > >
            > > > >
            > > >
            > >
            > >
            >
          • Susan
            My pump has left the premises, so I can t look at it, but someone will be able to tell you what the model is. I know we talked about it at length back when I
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 12, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              My pump has left the premises, so I can't look at it, but someone will
              be able to tell you what the model is. I know we talked about it at
              length back when I was having mine rebuilt and then trying to
              reinstall it.

              Good luck.

              By the way, when you get your new pump installed in the machine, you
              might want to send the old one to have it rebuilt as a backup. And/or
              to sell to someone who will need one eventually.

              My 2 cents.
            • paul.marchetto
              Susan, I called Wanda at R.C Beverage. She was very helpful. I used your name and asked them to build a pump that was of the same spec as yours. Wanda
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 12, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                Susan, I called Wanda at R.C Beverage. She was very helpful. I used your name and asked
                them to build a pump that was of the same spec as yours. Wanda remembered you and
                was happy to comply with my request. Terrific support. I plan on shipping my old one
                back to them for a rebuild and hope I can help someone else out in the group that needs
                a new pump. I will keep you up to date.
                Thanks for your help.
                Paul

                --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <landperson@...> wrote:
                >
                > My pump has left the premises, so I can't look at it, but someone will
                > be able to tell you what the model is. I know we talked about it at
                > length back when I was having mine rebuilt and then trying to
                > reinstall it.
                >
                > Good luck.
                >
                > By the way, when you get your new pump installed in the machine, you
                > might want to send the old one to have it rebuilt as a backup. And/or
                > to sell to someone who will need one eventually.
                >
                > My 2 cents.
                >
              • Susan
                Why, thank you Paul. I m glad to help and I m glad to be remembered. Susan
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 12, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  Why, thank you Paul.
                  I'm glad to help and I'm glad to be remembered.
                  Susan

                  paul.marchetto wrote:
                  >
                  > Susan, I called Wanda at R.C Beverage. She was very helpful. I used
                  > your name and asked
                  > them to build a pump that was of the same spec as yours. Wanda
                  > remembered you and
                  > was happy to comply with my request. Terrific support. I plan on
                  > shipping my old one
                  > back to them for a rebuild and hope I can help someone else out in the
                  > group that needs
                  > a new pump. I will keep you up to date.
                  > Thanks for your help.
                  > Paul
                  >
                  > --- In BUG-is-Bunn@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:BUG-is-Bunn%40yahoogroups.com>, "Susan" <landperson@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > My pump has left the premises, so I can't look at it, but someone will
                  > > be able to tell you what the model is. I know we talked about it at
                  > > length back when I was having mine rebuilt and then trying to
                  > > reinstall it.
                  > >
                  > > Good luck.
                  > >
                  > > By the way, when you get your new pump installed in the machine, you
                  > > might want to send the old one to have it rebuilt as a backup. And/or
                  > > to sell to someone who will need one eventually.
                  > >
                  > > My 2 cents.
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.