Prop file

  • db2wiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
      Folks:

      I just uploaded a sample bsw prop file to the files area.

      For those of you not familiar with the prop file. It allows you to
      customize the client to do things like automatically log you in and
      configure the pull down menus.

      To use this file, just copy it to your bsw directory, replacing the
      existing prop file named brettspielwelt.prop.

      You'll need to edit it, its a standard text file, you can use any
      text editor, such as notepad.

      Just change the yourname to your name and yourpassword to your
      password. duh :)

      You also might want to change to the screen width and height to suit
      your monitor resolution.

      I've included some menus for jumping to specific locations, like the
      armfeld game list, ET game list etc, as best I can tell EC doesn't
      have a game manager(yet) if it does, someone let me know the room
      number and I'll add it.

      There are also menus that list all the game rooms in ET and EC.
      I know the ET game list is complete. Actually, I think NIkita is
      changing the game hosted in her house so that might be slighly off.
      I think I have all the EC game rooms. I found 8 of them. If there
      are others, please let me know.

      I also have a menu titled "german" has has several handy german
      phrases to help you communicate with the German players. My
      experience is they all speak english well enough to converse, but I
      think it's polite to speak some german to them.

      Lastly, there are menu items "tell, whereis, hook" that give you
      easy access to using those commands. You can add your favorite
      gamers to these lists.

      If you have any questions or suggestions for additional menu items,
      just let me know.

      Happy gaming.

      Boomer
    • Iain Cheyne <groups@cheyne.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2002
        --- In BSWgamers@yahoogroups.com, "db2wiz" <boomer@a...> wrote:

        > I just uploaded a sample bsw prop file to the files area.

        Thanks. I've updated my prop file.

        --
        Iain