Re: Fall Event - Costume contests anyone?

  • juliaclayton
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
      Also, is there any interest in having te photo stage? One would
      have to take it over, get ahold of Roseanne, and dig it out of my
      crawl space. Just thought I would put it out there, I won't be back
      in the area for some time, having sold my soul to the Mouse.

      Julia

      Can we please come up with 3 or so costume categories for me to put
      on the event flyer? Ideally if we should figure them out within the
      next couple of days so we can send out the event info to the other
      mailing lists. Vicki, is this your choice since you are heading up
      the prizes department?Katt

      > To: BRCG-List@...: kate.mcclure@...: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:47:41 -
      0600Subject: [BRCG-List] Re: logo

      > It's basically the flag I had with my embellishment pirate
      costume. The one with the tomato pin cushion and the crossed
      scissors like aJolly Roger surrounded with a tape measure.If one
      could reach Roseanne the flag is in the basement next to one ofthe
      shelves in the costume area.-----------------------------------------
      ----Hm, I don't think that's going to reach us in time. Maybe we
      could useit some other way?I think, in the realm of being fair, Katt
      did have her logo in on time,it is nifty, and she did a lovely job
      of presenting it. I think her logois the one we will go with. Any
      comments? (Besides, nobody bribed me!Wah!)Kate McClureGrand Pooh-
      BahBeyond Reality Costumers Guildwww.brcg.org

    • Vicki Glover
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2006
        Well, the categories change depending on what’s there (ie, we make up
        awards), so I don’t think we’ve ever advertised what the categories will be.
        Generally we end up having a “best overall”, and a “most humorous,” and
        sometimes a best couple and a best male & female winner, but this year’s
        theme would include so many types of costume, it would be hard to say what
        the award names would be. I would say, just say there will be a costume
        contest & prizes & leave it at that. I mean, you could go with “best
        historical” or ‘best imaginary” but what if no one shows up in historical or
        imaginary? (Hm, better rephrase that last, after all, no costume is no
        costume…)

        Vicki

        _____

        To: BRCG-List@yahoogrou <mailto:BRCG-List%40yahoogroups.comFrom> ps.comFrom:
        kate.mcclure@ <mailto:kate.mcclure%40dexmedia.comDate> dexmedia.comDate:

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2006
          This is another folder of pictures from San Diego Costume Guild:

          http://www.pbase.com/cinnamonhrts/san_diego_costume_guld_album&page=all

          It covers alot of their activities.

          Also, anyone coming to the Anaheim area, as long as I am a DLR
          employee and the period isn't blacked out I can get friends in for
          free to bot resorts. Just an FYI

          Julia C.
        • Katherine Daida
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2006
            Thanks for the thoughts Vicki. I decided to do just that after not hearing from anyone right away. I'm sending an email to Don so he can change the announcement on the webpage to reflect this. Thanks for your help!

            Katt

            To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: vicki@...: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:44:04 -0700Subject: RE: [BRCG-List] Fall Event - Costume contests anyone?

            Well, the categories change depending on what�s there (ie, we make upawards), so I don�t think we�ve ever advertised what the categories will be.Generally we end up having a �best overall�, and a �most humorous,� andsometimes a best couple and a best male & female winner, but this year�stheme would include so many types of costume, it would be hard to say whatthe award names would be. I would say, just say there will be a costumecontest & prizes & leave it at that. I mean, you could go with �besthistorical� or �best imaginary� but what if no one shows up in historical orimaginary? (Hm, better rephrase that last, after all, no costume is nocostume�) Vicki_____ From: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Katherine DaidaSent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:14 PMTo: BRCG-ListSubject: [BRCG-List] Fall Event - Costume contests anyone?Can we please come up with 3 or so costume categories for me to put on theevent flyer? Ideally if we should figure them out within the next couple ofdays so we can send out the event info to the other mailing lists. Vicki, isthis your choice since you are heading up the prizes department?KattTo: BRCG-List@yahoogrou <mailto:BRCG-List%40yahoogroups.comFrom> ps.comFrom:kate.mcclure@ <mailto:kate.mcclure%40dexmedia.comDate> dexmedia.comDate:Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:47:41 -0600Subject: [BRCG-List] Re: logoIt's basically the flag I had with my embellishment pirate costume. The onewith the tomato pin cushion and the crossed scissors like aJolly Rogersurrounded with a tape measure.If one could reach Roseanne the flag is inthe basement next to one ofthe shelves in the costumearea.---------------------------------------------Hm, I don't think that'sgoing to reach us in time. Maybe we could useit some other way?I think, inthe realm of being fair, Katt did have her logo in on time,it is nifty, andshe did a lovely job of presenting it. I think her logois the one we will gowith. Any comments? (Besides, nobody bribed me!Wah!)Kate McClureGrandPooh-BahBeyond Reality Costumers Guildwww.brcg.org __________________________________________________________Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows LiveToolbar Today!http://get.live <http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview> com/toolbar/overview[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • Julie Zetterberg Sardo
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2006
              --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "juliaclayton" <juliaclayton@...>
              wrote:

              > Also, anyone coming to the Anaheim area, as long as I am a DLR
              > employee and the period isn't blacked out I can get friends in for
              > free to bot resorts. Just an FYI

              Nice of you to mention this - AFTER we're all back from Wolrdcon... :p

              --JZS
            • Wolfcat
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2006
                *lol*

                I have to agree...now that we've all come back from Worldcon you mention this.

                Wolfcat

                planning for Loscon and Norwescon...

              • Cazbalina@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 13, 2006
                  In a message dated 9/9/06 9:44:11 PM, vicki@... writes:

                  > Generally we end up having a “best overall”, and a “most humorous,” and
                  > sometimes a best couple and a best male & female winner, but this year’s
                  > theme would include so many types of costume, it would be hard to say what
                  > the award names would be.

                  I've never known how this was done but assumed that some of the categories
                  were made up on the spot when the judges saw who came through the door
                  wearing what! Anything I might suggest would suspiciously favor what I am
                  planning to wear! (No, I'm NOT telling) Better just say "Costume prizes"
                  and
                  leave it at that. Carol

                • juliaclayton
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
                    I told everyone I worked at DLR and nobody but Trixie even bothered to
                    ask or contact me while they were here!!

                    JS

                    --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Zetterberg Sardo"