fall event

  • Holly Forbis
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      I will be not able to make the next meeting. As it usually falls the
      day before the opening of the Evergreen State Fair. I need the sleep.
      I will volenteer to do punch (if you want me to) and will help with
      ticket taking and clean up. I also have an idea for some strange
      food. We'll see. Holly
    • Cazbalina@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        As Betty's turkey won't be there, I was thinking we should have something
        that doesn't have to be
        carved or served hot. Cold chicken (Unless someone who isn't dripping with
        lace and flamable do dads
        wants to fire up that barbecue?) , pasta salad, something green. I'm only
        assuming that the guild has provided these basics in the past to suppliment the
        pot luck. If we made it clear that everyone was to bring a dish that would
        feed 10, then we shouldn't have to supply anything, right? Who's in charge of
        food anyway?

        I'm babling, Carol

      • McClure, Kate
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          I will be not able to make the next meeting. As it usually falls the day
          before the opening of the Evergreen State Fair. I need the sleep.

          Bah! Sleep is for wimps! ;)
          ---------------------------
          I will volenteer to do punch (if you want me to)

          Cool!

          and will help with ticket taking

          Fantastic!

          and clean up.

          Wonderful!

          I also have an idea for some strange food. We'll see. Holly

          Um, OK . . .

          Kate McClure
          Grand Pooh-Bah
          Beyond Reality Costumers Guild
          www.brcg.org
        • McClure, Kate
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            As Betty's turkey won't be there, I was thinking we should have
            something that doesn't have to be carved or served hot. Cold chicken
            (Unless someone who isn't dripping with lace and flamable do dads
            wants to fire up that barbecue?) ,

            I think something like that would be perfect. I'm for the Guild
            providing a solid main dish.
            ----------------------------
            pasta salad, something green.

            Well, this could fall under the pot luck portion. No need for the Guild
            to do all the work!
            --------------------
            I'm only
            assuming that the guild has provided these basics in the past to
            suppliment the pot luck. If we made it clear that everyone was to bring
            a dish that would
            feed 10, then we shouldn't have to supply anything, right?

            Yeah, usually pot luck dishes should provide for at least eight
            servings.
            -----------
            Who's in charge of
            food anyway?

            Geh, my notes! Where are my notes? Oh, yeah, in that 'safe place' . . .

            Kate McClure
            Grand Pooh-Bah
            Beyond Reality Costumers Guild
            www.brcg.org
          • Katherine Daida
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
              Katt's in charge of food, speaking in the genteel 3rd person about herself....

              Katt

              Who's in charge of food anyway? I'm babling, Carol

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 13, 2006
                Just in case nobody has already done this, here is a draft of some material
                that might go into the announcement.

                Beyond Reality Costumers Guild
                FALL EVENT
                Saturday September 9, at 7pm
                at
                Yesper House
                1012 Fourth Street, Snohomish
                Event theme is MEET ME AT COURT
                with costumes for any kind of court welcome:
                royal court, space court, tennis court, divorce court, kangaroo court,
                etc

                [Here we need info about the food, what amenities there will be at the
                place, such as bathrooms, places to change, etc.. Somewhere we also need to say
                what this will cost. Would some of you supply this info?].

                How to Get There

                Heading north on I-5

                1. Take Exit 186 to 128th NE
                2. Right turn onto 128th NE
                3. After going through about a half dozen traffic lights,
                Left turn onto SR 96
                4. You will come to a sign directing you to turn right for the
                continuation of SR 96, but turn left instead at this junction.
                You will now be on Marsh Rd.
                5 There will be a traffic light at the end of Marsh Rd.
                Turn left here. This will take you onto SR 9, although
                there's no sign at this corner to tell you that.
                6 Proceed on SR 9 until you go over the bridge. As soon as you cross
                the bridge,
                Exit right to get into Snohomish.
                You are now on Second Street.
                7. Your first traffic light will be at Ave. D.
                Turn left here.
                8. Go two blocks to Fourth Street.
                Turn right.
                9. Go two blocks to Ave. B
                10. Congratulations! You're there.
                The house is in your left side after you cross Ave. B. It's
                painted barn red
                with white trim,and has a front porch that wraps around the whole
                front of the place.

                [That's all I have so far. Suggestions, corrections and improvements
                strongly encouraged.]

                Ed