Re: [BRCG-List] Re: Julia's fabric

  • Cazbalina@aol.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 1, 2009
      In a message dated 5/31/09 12:17:43 PM, k_salmon@... writes:

      > schlumping things? I think I'd feel less evil if I went out to
      > Joanne's rather than make people go back and forth.
      > When on Wednesday would be good for them?

      It's all up to them to pick the time and location. If Kier's the only
      person
      interested that might be different than if 20 folks want to take advantage
      of my offer to pot luck here for a fabric grab. We'll see. Carol

    • slocsinxx
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 1, 2009
        Hi,

        I'm also interested in rummaging. I can offer up my house for Wednesday, but I'm over in Redmond, if that would help.

        Thanks
        Susan Locsin
        425 376-2980

        --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, Cazbalina@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 5/31/09 12:17:43 PM, k_salmon@... writes:
        >

        > > schlumping things? I think I'd feel less evil if I went out to
        > > Joanne's rather than make people go back and forth.
        > > When on Wednesday would be good for them?
        > >
        > It's all up to them to pick the time and location. If Kier's the only
        > person
        > interested that might be different than if 20 folks want to take advantage
        > of my offer to pot luck here for a fabric grab. We'll see. Carol

      • Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 1, 2009
          I'm interested, but trying to figure out timing details. :P

          Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

        • Katherine Daida
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 1, 2009
            I might be interested in pillaging. Depends on the day and time.

            Katt

            To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com
            From: Cazbalina@...
            Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:56:24 -0400
            Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] Re: Julia's fabric

            In a message dated 5/31/09 12:17:43 PM, k_salmon@... writes:

            > schlumping things? I think I'd feel less evil if I went out to

            > Joanne's rather than make people go back and forth.

            > When on Wednesday would be good for them?

            It's all up to them to pick the time and location. If Kier's the only

            person

            interested that might be different than if 20 folks want to take advantage

            of my offer to pot luck here for a fabric grab. We'll see. Carol

          • shurtha v'Riftcrag
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
              Me Too
              Susan

              To: BRCG-List@yahoogrou ps.com
              From: Cazbalina@aol. com
              Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 03:56:24 -0400

              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                *grin*

                Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?

                I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I found in my stash if it does.

                On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's style day outfit pattern? I'd like to try and stitch something up in lightweight fabrics for my mother's funeral (and then reuse it at Costume College) and have this really pretty velvet hat/band that the shop told me was 40/50's.

                Idaho Falls in mid June is HOT!

                Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

              • McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV)
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                  Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?

                  It works for me, as far as I can tell.

                  I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                  found in my stash if it does.

                  Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea . . .

                  On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                  style day outfit pattern?

                  I might. Give me a call tomorrow evening to remind me.

                  (253) 804-4408

                  Kate McClure
                • Janet Borkowski
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                    I do ,but nothing I could get to you in time I'm afraid.

                    JanetB

                    On Jun 2, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall wrote:

                    > *grin*
                    >

                    > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                    >

                    > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric
                    > I found in my stash if it does.
                    >

                    > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                    > style day outfit pattern? I'd like to try and stitch something up
                    > in lightweight fabrics for my mother's funeral (and then reuse it
                    > at Costume College) and have this really pretty velvet hat/band
                    > that the shop told me was 40/50's.
                    >

                    > Idaho Falls in mid June is HOT!
                    >

                    > Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

                  • Kier Salmon
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                      I've got several, I'll go dig them out and see if I can find them on
                      the web so you can see.

                      On Jun 2, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall wrote:

                      > *grin*
                      >

                      > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                      >

                      > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                      > found in my stash if it does.
                      >

                      > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                      > style day outfit pattern? I'd like to try and stitch something up
                      > in lightweight fabrics for my mother's funeral (and then reuse it at
                      > Costume College) and have this really pretty velvet hat/band that
                      > the shop told me was 40/50's.
                      >

                      > Idaho Falls in mid June is HOT!
                      >

                      > Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

                    • Kier Salmon
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                        Sorry, just looked, late fifties and early sixtes, but not 40's.

                        On Jun 2, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall wrote:

                        > *grin*
                        >

                        > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                        >

                        > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                        > found in my stash if it does.
                        >

                        > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                        > style day outfit pattern? I'd like to try and stitch something up
                        > in lightweight fabrics for my mother's funeral (and then reuse it at
                        > Costume College) and have this really pretty velvet hat/band that
                        > the shop told me was 40/50's.
                        >

                        > Idaho Falls in mid June is HOT!
                        >

                        > Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

                      • Kathy Evans
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 2, 2009
                          is this happening tomorrow? time? address?

                          just back in town, and leaving again on Thurs for the medieval faire in
                          Port Gamble this weekend.

                          Kathy

                          McClure, Kate (DEX-BLV) wrote:

                          > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                        • joanneespink
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 3, 2009
                            During the day, or in the evening??

                            Joanne S

                            --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall <wolfcat_imaginarium@...> wrote:

                            > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                            >

                            > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I found in my stash if it does.

                          • juliaclayton
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 3, 2009
                              What we came up with was to have a pillage at Jo's on Sat or Sun the 6th-7th for the northenders and then if Erik would be so kind as to schlup it to his place have another pillage for the southenders and then take it to charity. Sorry Erik to post public, I have been really busy. If you think this would work I would be truely grateful, as if you all haven't done enough for me. I have gained even more appreciation, going through my boxes, with the care and time you all took at helping me through this nightmare. Let it ber known, I will be there, to the best of my ability to help any of you through any of your crises.

                              Julia

                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 3, 2009
                                I found 4, three of which are vintage.

                                Julia

                                --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, Kier Salmon <k_salmon@...> wrote:

                                > Sorry, just looked, late fifties and early sixtes, but not 40's.
                                >

                                > On Jun 2, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall wrote:
                                >

                                > > *grin*
                                > >

                                > > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                                > >

                                > > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                                > > found in my stash if it does.
                                > >

                                > > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                                > > style day outfit pattern? I'd like to try and stitch something up
                                > > in lightweight fabrics for my mother's funeral (and then reuse it at
                                > > Costume College) and have this really pretty velvet hat/band that
                                > > the shop told me was 40/50's.
                                > >

                                > > Idaho Falls in mid June is HOT!
                                > >

                                > > Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

                              • Betty Bigelow
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 3, 2009
                                  OK, I'm coming in late on this...are we talking the 10th of July or June? And Joanne Spinks' ?
                                  Can we bring fabric to ditch?
                                  Betty B. :)

                                  > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                                  >
                                  > It works for me, as far as I can tell.
                                  >

                                  > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                                  > found in my stash if it does.
                                  >
                                  > Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea . . .
                                  >

                                  > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                                  > style day outfit pattern?
                                  >
                                  > I might. Give me a call tomorrow evening to remind me.
                                  >
                                  > (253) 804-4408
                                  >
                                  > Kate McClure

                                • Katherine Daida
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 4, 2009
                                    I also have ditchable fabric, I think.

                                    Katt

                                    To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: Inzar@...
                                    Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 05:46:23 +0000
                                    Subject: [BRCG-List] Re: Julia's fabric

                                    OK, I'm coming in late on this...are we talking the 10th of July or June? And Joanne Spinks' ?

                                    Can we bring fabric to ditch?

                                    Betty B. :)

                                    > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?

                                    > It works for me, as far as I can tell.

                                    > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I

                                    > found in my stash if it does.

                                    > Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea . . .

                                    > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's

                                    > style day outfit pattern?

                                    > I might. Give me a call tomorrow evening to remind me.

                                    > (253) 804-4408

                                    > Kate McClure

                                  • juliaclayton
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 5, 2009
                                      It looks like the new plan is to have the pillage at Jo's on Wed the 10th of June. This seems to work for many. The fabric will then be transferred at some time after that to Erik's for a southend pillage at his convenience, and then it is off to Goodwill. I am out of here on the 15th of June and would like to have the fabric and costume bits out of Jo's way.

                                      Julia

                                      --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "Betty Bigelow" <Inzar@...> wrote:

                                      > OK, I'm coming in late on this...are we talking the 10th of July or June? And Joanne Spinks' ?
                                      > Can we bring fabric to ditch?
                                      > Betty B. :)
                                      > >

                                      > > Does the 10th work for a rummage of Julia's fabric at Joanne's?
                                      > >
                                      > > It works for me, as far as I can tell.
                                      > >

                                      > > I'll bring something to eat and a couple of other pieces of fabric I
                                      > > found in my stash if it does.
                                      > >
                                      > > Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea . . .
                                      > >

                                      > > On a totally different note, anyone have a nice simply elegant 40's
                                      > > style day outfit pattern?
                                      > >
                                      > > I might. Give me a call tomorrow evening to remind me.
                                      > >
                                      > > (253) 804-4408
                                      > >
                                      > > Kate McClure

                                    • Kier Salmon
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 5, 2009
                                        time please?
                                        On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:07 AM, juliaclayton wrote:

                                        > It looks like the new plan is to have the pillage at Jo's on Wed the
                                        > 10th of June. This seems to work for many. The fabric will then be
                                        > transferred at some time after that to Erik's for a southend pillage
                                        > at his convenience, and then it is off to Goodwill.
                                        > I am out of here on the 15th of June \
                                        Any prospect of your returning?

                                      • Cazbalina@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 5, 2009
                                          In a message dated 6/5/09 9:08:36 AM, juliaclayton@... writes:

                                          > It looks like the new plan is to have the pillage at Jo's on Wed the 10th
                                          > of June.

                                          Okey Dokey! Would Jo like to share her address? (I have it, but others
                                          may not)
                                          as well as time and whether food should be involved? Anybody want to
                                          carpool
                                          from Capital Hill? Carol

                                          **************
                                          Mortgage rates dropped. Record
                                          lows. $200,000 for $1,029/mo Fixed. LendingTree®
                                          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222627882x1201465404/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.lendingtree.com%2F
                                          borrower%2Falliance%2Ffrom.asp%3Fwhereto%3Dpromopagev3%26promo%3D00279%26loa
                                          n%5Ftype%3D2%26source%3D2889570%26esourceid%3D2889570%26800num%3D1%2D800%2D2
                                          89%2D3915%26AdType%3D2)

                                        • juliaclayton
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 6, 2009
                                            Time would probably be late afternoon ore evening, but we should be there all day readying. It is O.K. for anyone to bring stuff as well, as long as they take unclaimed items back with them. Anything left over will go with Erik on Thursday for a weekend pillage in the south and then to Goodwill.

                                            Julia

                                            --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, Kier Salmon <k_salmon@...> wrote:

                                            > time please?
                                            > On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:07 AM, juliaclayton wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > It looks like the new plan is to have the pillage at Jo's on Wed the
                                            > > 10th of June. This seems to work for many. The fabric will then be
                                            > > transferred at some time after that to Erik's for a southend pillage
                                            > > at his convenience, and then it is off to Goodwill.
                                            > > I am out of here on the 15th of June \
                                            > Any prospect of your returning?
                                            > > and would like to have the fabric and costume bits out of Jo's way.
                                            > >
                                            > > Julia
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "Betty Bigelow" <Inzar@> wrote:
                                            > >>
                                            > >> OK, I'm coming in late on this...are we talking the 10th of July or
                                            > >> June? And Joanne Spinks' ?
                                            > >> Can we bring fabric to ditch?
                                            > >> Betty B. :)

                                          • shurtha v'Riftcrag
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jun 6, 2009

                                              I wouldn't mind coming and taking a look, but have to be somewhere 6ish. Not sure how badly I need more fabric however...

                                              Susan

                                              Time would probably be late afternoon ore evening, but we should be there all day readying. It is O.K. for anyone to bring stuff as well, as long as they take unclaimed items back with them. Anything left over will go with Erik on Thursday for a weekend pillage in the south and then to Goodwill.

                                              Julia

                                              --- In BRCG-List@yahoogrou ps.com, Kier Salmon <k_salmon@.. .> wrote:

                                              > time please?
                                              > On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:07 AM, juliaclayton wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > It looks like the new plan is to have the pillage at Jo's on Wed the
                                              > > 10th of June. This seems to work for many. The fabric will then be
                                              > > transferred at some time after that to Erik's for a southend pillage
                                              > > at his convenience, and then it is off to Goodwill.
                                              > > I am out of here on the 15th of June \
                                              > Any prospect of your returning?
                                              > > and would like to have the fabric and costume bits out of Jo's way.
                                              > >
                                              > > Julia
                                              > >
                                              > > --- In BRCG-List@yahoogrou ps.com, "Betty Bigelow" <Inzar@> wrote:
                                              > >>
                                              > >> OK, I'm coming in late on this...are we talking the 10th of July or
                                              > >> June? And Joanne Spinks' ?
                                              > >> Can we bring fabric to ditch?
                                              > >> Betty B. :)

                                            • juliaclayton
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jun 8, 2009
                                                We'll be there until we go to bed, so that is O.K.

                                                Julia

                                                --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, shurtha v'Riftcrag <shurtha@...> wrote:

                                                > I wouldn't mind coming and taking a look, but have to be somewhere 6ish. Not sure how badly I need more fabric however...
                                                >
                                                > Susan

                                              • shurtha v'Riftcrag
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jun 8, 2009

                                                  Actually, the question is how early is too early - I have to be there at 6 and it usually goes until almost 11.

                                                  Susan