Re: Costume-Con 26, Briefly

  • Julie Zetterberg
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2008
      Photos and videos are starting to appear.

      The SF/Fantasy and Historical Best-in-Show presentations are both up
      on YouTube, along with a few other items:
      <http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=costume-
      con&search_sort=video_date_uploaded>

      They're still working on processing the 20,000+ official and fan
      photos:
      <http://imagecraft.com/photostudio/index.html>

      And people are posting their own photos on Flickr and other sites:

      --- In cc26sv-chat@yahoogroups.com, "Jade Falcon" <jadecat9@...>
      wrote:

      Flickr Group:
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26/

      Kevin Standlee:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/8638651@N07/collections/72157604736457055
      /

      Danny Low: www.fanfotography.com

      Howeird:
      www.flickr.com/photos/how3ird (full resolution - requires Yahoo login)
      www.howeird.com/gallery.html (web resolution ~ 800x600)

      Lionel Lum:
      http://flickr.com/photos/14427733@N07/

      Misc:
      http://flickr.com/photos/tags/upcoming:event=197985

      Mark Bessey
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbessey/sets/72157604793795120/

      Marianme (Kim Y)
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/7181690@N03/sets/72157604788413449/

      Sulliedrose
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sulliedrose/sets/72157604802285109/

      BauHauFrau
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bauhausfrau/sets/72157604794431190/

      Jeff Bowman
      http://jeffbowman.backpackit.com/pub/1465094

      Jana keeler
      http://picasaweb.google.com/jksanfrancisco/CostumeCon26

      Al (aka Eurobeat King at Cosplay)
      http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m18/
    • Julie Zetterberg
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2008
        --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Zetterberg" <bigwig@...> wrote:

        > Photos and videos are starting to appear.

        Some very nice photos of Vicki from Friday night are here:
        <http://imagecraft.smugmug.com/gallery/4836527_MXvAm#287898089_VFGGf>

        --J
      • fittingrm
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2008
          Hi everyone, Payne and I rolled in on Wed. about 5:00pm - We had a
          great time - and really enjoyed the con. Now we are trying to sort
          through the thousands of pictures on the web - no one remembers the
          word "edit"!
          We (all of us Northwesterners) are all fabulous - and I"m so proud of
          you all - we looked great and showed off what we do - and we do it very
          well. (gosh! maybe we should have been on some pannels... opps - I
          didn't say that)

          We will not be able to be at afters next week - we have Cirque tickets -
          but maybe the week after, or the next guild meeting.

          Yes, Julie - much is forgotten, and did you ever get the drunk English
          guys out of your suite.....

          Marie
        • Katherine Daida
          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2008
            Nice flower goddess, Vicki! Especially the headdress!Katt

            To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: bigwig@...: Thu, 1 May 2008 21:22:00 +0000Subject: [BRCG-List] Re: Costume-Con 26, Briefly

            --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Zetterberg" <bigwig@...> wrote:>> Photos and videos are starting to appear.>Some very nice photos of Vicki from Friday night are here: <http://imagecraft.smugmug.com/gallery/4836527_MXvAm#287898089_VFGGf>--J

          • Julie Zetterberg
            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2008
              I took even fewer photos than I thought, but here they are:
              <http://www.flickr.com/photos/70781449@N00/sets/72157600242455260/>

              Fortunately, I think a few other people took more.

              --J
            • Don Glover
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2008
                My set of pictures
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/41334249@N00/sets/72157604835731544/
                I will upload vicki's later.
                Do we know if Nels does flickr?

                \
              • bigwig@costumepage.org
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                  I will ask.

                  You might want to join the Costume-Con 26 flickr group and add your photos
                  there as well.

                  http://www.flickr.com/groups/cc26/pool/

                  --J

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                    You might know--I don't.

                    Lisa

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 5, 2008
                        Actually I didn't find this CC to be a very good one. There were
                        only two panels I was even remotely interested in and the Sci Fi
                        Masquerade was run very poorly. I have been at others that had so
                        many panels that we couldn't see them all. It was quite stressful.
                        It was good to see everyone though.

                        Julia

                        --- In BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com, <bigwig@...> wrote:

                        > Many BRCG members attended Costume-Con 26 in San Jose this
                        weekend. Some of
                        > us are back, some yet to return. I think we all had a good time,
                        but I'll
                        > let everyone share their own opinions of their experience. If you
                        took
                        > photos, make sure you get them to Don so he can post them on the
                        BRCG
                        > website. I'll also try to track the official and non-official photo
                        > postings and let you know as they emerge. So far, I've just seen

                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/8638651@N07/collections/72157604736457055
                        /

                        > The convention itself seemed to run smoothly, but had some
                        surprising
                        > shortcomings. The programming was much sparser than I had
                        anticipated, but
                        > the panels I attended were great. There was a jam-packed exhibit
                        of
                        > costumes with a theme of Good and Evil, including a lot of
                        elaborate fantasy
                        > and historical work. There was also a "Mad Science Fair" and a
                        doll
                        > exhibit, both of which I missed; from what I heard there was some
                        good stuff
                        > in both. I don't think anyone could complain about the excellent
                        Dealer's
                        > room, other than that it lightened many bank accounts and increased
                        baggage
                        > weight. Realms of Regalia had a prime location, and I never saw
                        Kathy
                        > without at least two customers in her booth, waiting to pay for
                        their loot.

                        > The BRCG was represented onstage in all the stage events, as well
                        as many of
                        > us helping behind the scenes. I'm not going to list all the
                        winners here,
                        > or mention how the BRCG members fared (that I'll leave up to
                        them). The
                        > SF/Fantasy masquerade was a poster child for just about everything
                        that
                        > could go wrong technically with a masquerade; we learned later that
                        many of
                        > the problems were due to just plain bad luck, compounded with some
                        flawed
                        > planning. That being said, about 99.99% of the 47 entries were
                        fantastic!
                        > The judging took a long time, to nobody's surprise. Best in Show
                        was a
                        > group of five, "The Space Girls" which was a well-choreographed and
                        fun Trek
                        > take-off on the Spice Girls.
                        >

                        > On Sunday, the remaining two staged events went on without any
                        hitches, and
                        > once again were packed with killer entries (26 in the Historical, I
                        > believe). And again, I didn't envy the judges. Judged best in
                        the Future
                        > Fashion Show was BRCG's own Jonnalyhn Wolfcat for her
                        interpretation of the
                        > "Fae Warrior" design from the Fashion Folio.
                        >
                        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/8638651@N07/2447147156/in/set-
                        72157604760606292
                        > /
                        >
                        > And Best in Show from the Historical was a group of hoopskirted
                        women who
                        > re-created the beautiful Winterhalter portrait of Empress Eugenie
                        and her
                        > Ladies-in-Waiting.
                        >
                        > http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Portrait-of-Empress-Eugenie-
                        Surrounded-by-Her-