polish

  • picrichole@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
      Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish? That
      shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by places like
      Walgreen's or Bartell's.
      Ed

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007

        >Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish? That
        >shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by places like
        >
        >Walgreen's or Bartell's.
        >Ed

        How much do you need? I think I may have a bottle around here -- last year
        on impulse I bought a trio of silver gold and copper, just because they were
        that strange and different....

        JoAnne

      • Katherine Daida
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
          Try any beauty supply house that does not have a "to the trade" requirement, or how about Display and Costume?Katt

          To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: picrichole@...: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:20:05 -0400Subject: [BRCG-List] polish

          Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish? That shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by places like Walgreen's or Bartell's.Ed************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Betty
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
            Are you talking about the chrome polishes? I thought they had silver. Dang, why would they discontinue that one!!!
            Wow, do you have one in gold, Joanne? I've been looking for gold chrome, and can't find that anywhere!!!!
            Betty B.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
              In a message dated 6/3/2007 12:50:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              Inzar@... writes:

              Are you talking about the chrome polishes? I thought they had silver. Dang,
              why would they discontinue that one!!!
              Wow, do you have one in gold, Joanne? I've been looking for gold chrome,
              and can't find that anywhere!!!!
              Betty B.

              Yeah I couldn't resist -- they were so unusual, I figured they might be
              useful for touchups or decorating things that regular paints would not work.

              JoAnne

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                Thank you all for your prompt and encouraging responses.

                Katt: I already tried D&C with no luck, but I'll keep your tip about the
                supply shop in mind.

                JoAnne: I need enough for two good coats. I'm going to look in a few more
                places today, but if I come up
                empty, I'd be very grateful for your offer to share.

                Ed

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                  In a message dated 6/3/2007 10:22:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
                  picrichole@... writes:

                  Thank you all for your prompt and encouraging responses.

                  Katt: I already tried D&C with no luck, but I'll keep your tip about the
                  supply shop in mind.

                  JoAnne: I need enough for two good coats. I'm going to look in a few more
                  places today, but if I come up
                  empty, I'd be very grateful for your offer to share.

                  Ed

                  Tuesday when I get back in to my shop I'll dig it out and set them aside.

                  JoAnne

                • fittingrm
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                    --- HI Ed, Daiso (Japanese dollar Store) - has great polish in
                    different than regular colors - 1.50 a bottle - don't know if silver
                    is available, but it's worth looking at - Westlake mall and Alderwood
                    >Marie

                  • Margaret Richardson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                      Those specialty nail shops/salons you see around
                      everywhere it seems, have a huge range of colors not
                      seen elswhere. I just bought a used bottle of
                      metallic teal at one of them for next to nothing.

                      M Richardson

                    • JKirley@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                        In a message dated 6/3/2007 12:52:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                        kehlenn@... writes:

                        Those specialty nail shops/salons you see around
                        everywhere it seems, have a huge range of colors not
                        seen elswhere. I just bought a used bottle of
                        metallic teal at one of them for next to nothing.

                        M Richardson

                        I just returned from shopping a Grocery Outlet store down here in Chehalis
                        and they had a combo bag of 10 bottles of polish, a silver and a coppery gold
                        were two of the colors, for $4.99. I didn't get it, you might have one closer
                        to you and with individual bottles.

                        JoAnne

                      • Margaret Richardson
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 4, 2007
                          I guess another option would be those tiny bottles of
                          enamel paint you used to get in hobby shops--if they
                          still exist.

                          M Richardson
                          --- JKirley@... wrote:

                          > Daylight Time,
                          > kehlenn@... writes:
                          >
                          > Those specialty nail shops/salons you see around
                          > everywhere it seems, have a huge range of colors not
                          > seen elswhere. I just bought a used bottle of
                          > metallic teal at one of them for next to nothing.
                          >
                          > M Richardson
                          >

                          > I just returned from shopping a Grocery Outlet store
                          > down here in Chehalis
                          > and they had a combo bag of 10 bottles of polish, a
                          > silver and a coppery gold
                          > were two of the colors, for $4.99. I didn't get it,
                          > you might have one closer
                          > to you and with individual bottles.
                          >
                          > JoAnne

                          > removed]

                        • Betty
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                            Hey, Margaret!
                            One can still buy them, but they just arent the same level of shiny that the chrome nail polish is. I don't know WHY you can't get gold! What the heck is wrong with plain old gold, anyway!!! Descrimination!!!! }:(
                            BB :D

                          • picrichole@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                              Thanks to you all for your suggestions and encouragement. Yesterday I
                              strolled into a shop that had no less than *three* different shades of silver
                              lacquer. Problem solved.
                              Ed

                            • Janet Borkowski
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                                I would use Pearl-ex pigments over Aluminum powder. Pearl -ex doesn't
                                have the reputation of causing the lung problems Aluminum does.

                                Jane tB

                                On Jun 5, 2007, at 2:44 PM, jean christensen wrote:

                                > Go to PINTA and get some Aluminum powder. Add it to some clear nail
                                > polish. Apply to finger tips or what ever.
                                > You may have to also apply it directly to the wet clear, allow to dry,
                                > then add another coat on top of it.
                                > Experiment, have fun!
                                >
                                > Trixie
                                > On Jun 2, 2007, at 10:20 AM, picrichole@... wrote:
                                >

                                > > Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish?
                                > > That
                                > > shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by
                                > > places like
                                > > Walgreen's or Bartell's.
                                > > Ed

                                "The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail"
                                - Stephen Fry

                              • Cazbalina@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                                  In a message dated 6/5/07 8:58:29 AM, picrichole@... writes:

                                  > Thanks to you all for your suggestions and encouragement. Yesterday I
                                  > strolled into a shop that had no less than *three* different shades of
                                  > silver
                                  > lacquer. Problem solved.

                                  And that magic shop would be???? One of my favorite brands of quick
                                  drying polish used to have a chrome silver shade. Unfortunately, there
                                  only a wee dab in the bottom of the bottle and it's pretty gooky. Otherwise
                                  I would have shared. One law of the universe seems to be that if I like
                                  something it WILL be discontinued. Sigh, Carol

                                • jean christensen
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                                    Go to PINTA and get some Aluminum powder. Add it to some clear nail
                                    polish. Apply to finger tips or what ever.
                                    You may have to also apply it directly to the wet clear, allow to dry,
                                    then add another coat on top of it.
                                    Experiment, have fun!

                                    Trixie
                                    On Jun 2, 2007, at 10:20 AM, picrichole@... wrote:

                                    > Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish?
                                    > That
                                    > shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by
                                    > places like
                                    > Walgreen's or Bartell's.
                                    > Ed

                                  • Julie Johnson
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 5, 2007
                                      I just have to say, not sure that sounds like a very healthy thing to do.
                                      Chemicals get in through the pours of our skin. I would not advise the
                                      aluminum trick for health's sake. Queen Julia, I have a vast background in
                                      medical knowlege to make this statement. Just care about you guys out
                                      there.

                                      >From: jean christensen <supiitrixie@...>
                                      >To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] polish
                                      >Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:44:19 -0700
                                      >
                                      >Go to PINTA and get some Aluminum powder. Add it to some clear nail
                                      >polish. Apply to finger tips or what ever.
                                      >You may have to also apply it directly to the wet clear, allow to dry,
                                      >then add another coat on top of it.
                                      >Experiment, have fun!
                                      >
                                      >Trixie
                                      >On Jun 2, 2007, at 10:20 AM, picrichole@... wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > Do any of you know where I can get really bright silver nail polish?
                                      > > That
                                      > > shade apparently does not come in the brands that are carried by
                                      > > places like
                                      > > Walgreen's or Bartell's.
                                      > > Ed

                                      Live Hotmail.
                                    • Betty
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
                                        Yeah, which shop. Don't suppose they had gold, did they Ed?
                                        Thanks,
                                        BB

                                        .

                                      • picrichole@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
                                          It's a place in Univ

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007
                                            It's a place in University Village called Beauty Works. If you call first
                                            they will check their stock to see if they have what you need. But be warned
                                            that their stuff is not cheap.
                                            Ed

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 8, 2007

                                              >It's a place in University Village called Beauty Works. If you call first
                                              >they will check their stock to see if they have what you need. But be
                                              >warned
                                              >that their stuff is not cheap.
                                              >Ed

                                              Then try Grocery Outlet, package of ten assortment for 4.99, silver was one
                                              of the colors. So what if the other nine is extra stuff to store for other
                                              unknown projects of the future...

                                              JoAnne

                                            • Marion Moat