SAM: Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion, June 27- September 8, 2013

  • Julie Zetterberg Sardo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
      Some of you might want to put this on your calendars. Or plan a group visit.

      http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?eventID=23201

      "Curated by Akiko Fukai, director of the Kyoto Costume Institute, the
      exhibition showcases the early emphasis on light and shadow, and the
      increasingly diverse ultramodern designs that range from the deconstruction
      and reinvention of Western couture models to wildly revolutionary designs
      that draw from contemporary street fashion.

      Eighty gowns will be featured, ranging from the classic to the outrageous,
      by celebrated designers such as Rei Kawakubo, Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake,
      Kenzo Takada, Junya Watanabe, Jun Takahashi and others, videos of runway
      shows, artist photographs, magazines and ephemera designed by renowned
      international artists like Gilbert and George and Cindy Sherman."

    • Julie Zetterberg Sardo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2013
        Video from a previous setting of this exhibition, in the UK:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsC3ycBkjr8

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
          Oooooo, the textiles! May have to whip out the silk dying stuff and.....NO, stop me now!

          Yes, the flyer in on the fridge but who knows when I'll go. Went to the last exhibit the very end
          and encountered a very light crowd. I LIKE elbow room! CAZ