Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, Oh My!

  • Katherine Daida
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      As per our discussion at the last meeting, can those of you who are storing party supplies for the guild please speak up and let me know how much of each item you have? This way I can figure out how much we have to buy and how much we can just pick out of our stash. I am looking specifically for the items listed below, but if you have anything that might qualify as a party item, let me know, 'kay? :)

      Katt

      cups/tumblers
      punch glasses
      cutlery of any kind - knives, forks, spoons, etc.
      paper plates
      napkins
      disposable tablecloths

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
        I'll be bringing what is needed to serve the thing I'm producing as a
        contribution and
        also the basket with our own dishes and glasses as it sits around in
        readiness for
        banquets and SITU events. The big question is.....Will we have long banquet
        tables
        with chairs set up the way we have had at the church or will we be purching
        on the
        rim of the well with our plates in our laps? I have a few things to
        decorate our portion
        of a table but would only bring them if there is enough room. I could also
        bring a
        metalic serving platter if one is needed for the ham. Hugs, Carol

      • Katherine Daida
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          The platter would be much appreciated, Carol. FYI, we decided that the ham would be served cold, as there is no place to warm it and I had concerns about transporting and setting out a warm ham to cool and get germy all night.Katt

          To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: Cazbalina@...: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:25:45 -0400Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, Oh My!

          I'll be bringing what is needed to serve the thing I'm producing as a contribution and also the basket with our own dishes and glasses as it sits around in readiness for banquets and SITU events. The big question is.....Will we have long banquet tables with chairs set up the way we have had at the church or will we be purching on the rim of the well with our plates in our laps? I have a few things to decorate our portion of a table but would only bring them if there is enough room. I could also bring a metalic serving platter if one is needed for the ham. Hugs, Carol[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
            In a message dated 10/3/06 12:18:43 AM, kattdaida@... writes:

            > The platter would be much appreciated

            Will pack up the platter (s) but that still doesn't answer the question
            about the tables and
            chairs? Sort of need to know what kind of decorations to bring or NOT to
            bring. Carol

          • jean christensen
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 11, 2006
              Jesper has several tables down in the party room. Two are the size of
              card tables, another is long, like a folding banquet. There are also a
              couple of tables for gaming and can be used for eating if we remove the
              games and put a table cloth on them.
              On Oct 5, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Cazbalina@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 10/3/06 12:18:43 AM, kattdaida@... writes:
              >
              > > The platter would be much appreciated
              > >
              > Will pack up the platter (s) but that still doesn't answer the
              > question
              > about the tables and
              > chairs? Sort of need to know what kind of decorations to bring or NOT
              > bring. Carol

            • Vicki Glover
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 11, 2006
                So, would this be a total of 5 tables? How many people will they seat
                total? If 2 are card size, that means 8, the banquet table might mean
                anywhere from 6 to 12, (depending on how long & wide, and the "game tables?"
                Ghu only knows how many they seat, 2, 4, 6, 8, what? Not meaning to sound
                picky, but we need to know if we need to bring or rent more tables.

                I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have all the plastic tablecloths we
                may need, and I have lots of plastic spoons, forks, & knives, too, and lots
                of paper bowls. I will have to check on the plates & cups, but I think I
                will have plenty.

                Vicki

                _____

                <mailto:kattdaida%40hotmail.com> com writes:

                > > The platter would be much appreciated
                > >
                > Will pack up the platter (s) but that still doesn't answer the
                > question
                > about the tables and
                > chairs? Sort of need to know what kind of decorations to bring or NOT
                > bring. Carol

              • Katherine Daida
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 11, 2006
                  Well, there you have it...it looks like some of us will be eating in our laps, some of us will be sitting, and some of us might be standing. Table decorations will probably crowd what little table space there is, and I didn't catch how much seating there is.Katt

                  To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: supiitrixie@...: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:27:05 -0700Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, Oh My!

                  Jesper has several tables down in the party room. Two are the size of card tables, another is long, like a folding banquet. There are also a couple of tables for gaming and can be used for eating if we remove the games and put a table cloth on them.On Oct 5, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Cazbalina@... wrote:>> In a message dated 10/3/06 12:18:43 AM, kattdaida@... writes:>> > The platter would be much appreciated> >> Will pack up the platter (s) but that still doesn't answer the > question> about the tables and> chairs? Sort of need to know what kind of decorations to bring or NOT > to> bring. Carol>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Katherine Daida
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 11, 2006
                    Thanks for the report of the cutlery and paper goods situation, Vicki. Now I don't think I will have to buy anything, which would be a big relief to the budget. I think Kate was really concerned about that.Katt

                    To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: vicki@...: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:22:52 -0700Subject: RE: [BRCG-List] Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, Oh My!

                    So, would this be a total of 5 tables? How many people will they seattotal? If 2 are card size, that means 8, the banquet table might meananywhere from 6 to 12, (depending on how long & wide, and the "game tables?"Ghu only knows how many they seat, 2, 4, 6, 8, what? Not meaning to soundpicky, but we need to know if we need to bring or rent more tables.I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have all the plastic tablecloths wemay need, and I have lots of plastic spoons, forks, & knives, too, and lotsof paper bowls. I will have to check on the plates & cups, but I think Iwill have plenty.Vicki_____ From: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf jean christensenSent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:27 PMTo: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [BRCG-List] Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, OhMy!Jesper has several tables down in the party room. Two are the size of card tables, another is long, like a folding banquet. There are also a couple of tables for gaming and can be used for eating if we remove the games and put a table cloth on them.On Oct 5, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Cazbalina@aol. <mailto:Cazbalina%40aol.com> comwrote:>> In a message dated 10/3/06 12:18:43 AM, kattdaida@hotmail.<mailto:kattdaida%40hotmail.com> com writes:>> > The platter would be much appreciated> >> Will pack up the platter (s) but that still doesn't answer the > question> about the tables and> chairs? Sort of need to know what kind of decorations to bring or NOT > to> bring. Carol>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 12, 2006
                      In a message dated 10/11/06 9:25:44 PM, vicki@... writes:

                      > but we need to know if we need to bring or rent more tables.

                      And Chairs???? I have my own folding chair I could bring but only the one
                      that
                      is suitable for sitting at a table. I have 2 bucket chairs for folks that
                      wouldn't mind
                      sitting with their plates in their laps. I also have a card table but it's a
                      little rickety.

                      Carol

                    • jean christensen
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 12, 2006
                        I don't know just how many chairs Jesper has down stairs. I do know
                        that we were able to feed the movie crew and they were all able to sit
                        down.
                        That would be probably 25 people.
                        Jesper also has a couple of sofas down there as well, but we never ate
                        while sitting on them. They're antiques and newly upholstered . Now if
                        someone were to bring liquid proof coverings for them, that would open
                        up even more seating.
                        the sofas are seven foot long, each.

                        Trixie
                        On Oct 12, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Cazbalina@... wrote:

                        > In a message dated 10/11/06 9:25:44 PM, vicki@... writes:
                        >
                        > > but we need to know if we need to bring or rent more tables.
                        > >
                        > And Chairs???? I have my own folding chair I could bring but only the
                        > one
                        > that
                        > is suitable for sitting at a table. I have 2 bucket chairs for folks
                        > that
                        > wouldn't mind
                        > sitting with their plates in their laps. I also have a card table but
                        > it's a
                        > little rickety.
                        >
                        > Carol

                      • Katherine Daida
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 13, 2006
                          Thanks, Trixie, that helps a bunch!Katt

                          To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.comFrom: supiitrixie@...: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:09:41 -0700Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] Fall Event Food - Knives and Forks and Spoons, Oh My!

                          I don't know just how many chairs Jesper has down stairs. I do know that we were able to feed the movie crew and they were all able to sit down.That would be probably 25 people.Jesper also has a couple of sofas down there as well, but we never ate while sitting on them. They're antiques and newly upholstered . Now if someone were to bring liquid proof coverings for them, that would open up even more seating.the sofas are seven foot long, each.TrixieOn Oct 12, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Cazbalina@... wrote:>> In a message dated 10/11/06 9:25:44 PM, vicki@... writes:>> > but we need to know if we need to bring or rent more tables.> >> And Chairs???? I have my own folding chair I could bring but only the > one> that> is suitable for sitting at a table. I have 2 bucket chairs for folks > that> wouldn't mind> sitting with their plates in their laps. I also have a card table but > it's a> little rickety.>> Carol>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                        • jean christensen
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 13, 2006
                            I was just called to work at the Opera. One of the days is the 21st.
                            I'll be done by 11:00 PM. I imagine the party will be over by then.

                            Trixie