      From: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Buddy Bear
      Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:22 AM
      To: BRCG-List@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BRCG-List] Have you heard about the Portland Costumers Guilds foldingtheir tents?

      The OTHER actual costume group in Portland that has also "shut down" is "Not Just A Memory" (NJAM). While in the past it had a much stronger and supportive membership, in the past several years has twindled to just two/three people that it had all but died out.

      That combined with the Greater Portland Area Costumer's Guild (GPACG), has put a huge gap in costuming opportunities in Portland . The only other major orgainized group (that I am aware of...) is the Oregon Regency Society and the local chapter of the SCA, and possibly some loosly orgianized groups like the pirate crews.... There are other groups as well, like the Blue Carbuncle - Sherlock Holmes group, but they are not primarily costume groups--more literary groups who occasionally do costume outtings.

      While I am still in hopes of creating & producing a costume ball to include all period and genres and to raise interests in costuming in the greater Portland and SW Washington areas, at the present time I cannot give full attention to such a dream.

      Guy

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic