LinBPQ crashes with "AUTH" command

  • Matt VK2RQ
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
      I noticed that my LinBPQ (v6.0.0.100) crashes when I issue the "AUTH" command from inside the BBS. I am trying to gain remote SYSOP privileges, and so I thought this command may do the job. However, the software crashes out with a "segmentation fault" when I issue that command. This is not desirable, because it means any user can kill the node/bbs by typing this command.

      Note that If I issue the PASSWORD command from within the node command line, then I am challenged, and if I respond correctly then I will successfully gain remote SYSOP privileges to the node (and subsequently to the BBS if I then issue the "BBS" command)

      73, Matt VK2RQ
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
        Thanks, Matt.

        AUTH needs a parameter (the one time password) and the validation didn't work the same on Window and Linux. This is fixed in version 101. which is available for download.

        At the momet there isn't a Linux version of the BPQAuth program that is used to generate a one time password for use with AUTH.

        If you access via the telnet server, and your USER record in the Telnet Config includes the SYSOP parameter, you don't need AUTH.

        73, John