RE: [LinBPQ] command to execute a program?

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013

      John, don’t bother with the request below – I figured out another way to achieve the same results which was quite elegant and easy to do ..

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      John, I would like to allow a BBS radio user to request callsign information from a local callbook database on my server (not the standard international type CD databases) .. In FBB I  let a user type “SP REQCAL” (keep it ‘personal’), In the SubJect, type “ZS6XYZ”, in the body, nothing except “/EX” .. This would cause FBB to execute a file (in my case, a Perl script which reads the database) and then send the information back to the BBS to the relevant radio user ..

      What I would like is some mechanism which the BBS would ‘trigger’ on, say “REQCAL” when scanning incoming messages and execute some program .. A few of these triggers would be useful .. Possibly a file with a list of trigger names (REQCAL) which the BBS can scan when processing incoming messages – the BBS would then associate ‘REQCAL’ with say ‘callbook.pl’ and thus, run the program. The program (created by Sysop) would ensure that the correct specifications to send messages to BBS are incorporated in the program/script ..

      73, Dick ZS6RO