Re: [BPQ32] Best Choise of radio for remote hill top 2 meter node???

  • Harold Kinchelow
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013

      I agree with Andre.  The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.

      On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
      On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:44:44 +0100, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

      > I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with
      > these I have three in service here .
      >

      > Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440.
      >

      > 73 jerry n9lya

      I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.

      --
      73 Andre PE1RDW

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
          BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Miroslav Skoric
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
        On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:

        > I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go
        > commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
        > On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
        >

        >> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.
        >>
        >> --

        Hi all,

        Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
        modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?

        Regards,
        Misko
      • PE1RDW
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
          On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:13:39 +0100, Miroslav Skoric <skoric@...>
          wrote:

          > On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:
          >
          >> I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is
          >> to go
          >> commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
          >> On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
          >>

          >>> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very
          >>> robust.
          >>>
          >>> --
          >
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
          > modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Misko

          It's just a matter of borrowing the software, build a interface and
          reprogram, the radios already cover the ham bands.

          --
          73 Andre PE1RDW
        • PD0SNK
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
            The Friendcom radios are also great.
            There are a couple of stations here in The Netherlands using them now for packet and dstar.

            Output is not very high but for a hill top i think 5 watts is enough ?
            Look here for the radios:

            http://www.argentdata.com/products/radios.html