Re: [BPQ32] Best Choise of radio for remote hill top 2 meter node???

  • PE1RDW
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
      On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:44:44 +0100, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

      > I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with
      > these I have three in service here .
      >

      > Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440.
      >

      > 73 jerry n9lya

      I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.

      --
      73 Andre PE1RDW
    • Harold Kinchelow
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013

        I agree with Andre.  The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.

        On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
        On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:44:44 +0100, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

        > I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with
        > these I have three in service here .
        >

        > Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440.
        >

        > 73 jerry n9lya

        I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.

        --
        73 Andre PE1RDW

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
            BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Miroslav Skoric
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
          On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:

          > I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go
          > commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
          > On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
          >

          >> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.
          >>
          >> --

          Hi all,

          Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
          modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?

          Regards,
          Misko
        • PE1RDW
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
            On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:13:39 +0100, Miroslav Skoric <skoric@...>
            wrote:

            > On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:
            >
            >> I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is
            >> to go
            >> commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
            >> On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
            >>

            >>> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very
            >>> robust.
            >>>
            >>> --
            >
            > Hi all,
            >
            > Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
            > modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?
            >
            > Regards,
            > Misko

            It's just a matter of borrowing the software, build a interface and
            reprogram, the radios already cover the ham bands.

            --
            73 Andre PE1RDW
          • PD0SNK
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
              The Friendcom radios are also great.
              There are a couple of stations here in The Netherlands using them now for packet and dstar.

              Output is not very high but for a hill top i think 5 watts is enough ?
              Look here for the radios:

              http://www.argentdata.com/products/radios.html