Best Choise of radio for remote hill top 2 meter node???

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013

      I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with these I have three in service here …

      Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440…

      73 jerry n9lya

    • PE1RDW
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
        On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:44:44 +0100, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

        > I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with
        > these I have three in service here .
        >

        > Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440.
        >

        > 73 jerry n9lya

        I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.

        --
        73 Andre PE1RDW
      • Harold Kinchelow
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013

          I agree with Andre.  The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.

          On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
          On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:44:44 +0100, Jerry <n9lya@...> wrote:

          > I was planning on using the Icom2200H as I have always had good luck with
          > these I have three in service here .
          >

          > Anyone have a better choice of even choices for 220 and 440.
          >

          > 73 jerry n9lya

          I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.

          --
          73 Andre PE1RDW

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
              BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Miroslav Skoric
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
            On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:

            > I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is to go
            > commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
            > On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
            >

            >> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very robust.
            >>
            >> --

            Hi all,

            Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
            modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?

            Regards,
            Misko
          • PE1RDW
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
              On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:13:39 +0100, Miroslav Skoric <skoric@...>
              wrote:

              > On 3/10/2013 8:19 AM, Harold Kinchelow wrote:
              >
              >> I agree with Andre. The norm for hilltop or mountain top installs is
              >> to go
              >> commercial. Motorola m100's r good in my opinion.
              >> On Mar 9, 2013 5:07 PM, "PE1RDW" <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
              >>

              >>> I like surplus radios like motorola gm 380, they tend to be very
              >>> robust.
              >>>
              >>> --
              >
              > Hi all,
              >
              > Are those two radios manufactured for commercial frequencies and later
              > modified for ham bands? If so, were the mods complicated?
              >
              > Regards,
              > Misko

              It's just a matter of borrowing the software, build a interface and
              reprogram, the radios already cover the ham bands.

              --
              73 Andre PE1RDW
            • PD0SNK
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
                The Friendcom radios are also great.
                There are a couple of stations here in The Netherlands using them now for packet and dstar.

                Output is not very high but for a hill top i think 5 watts is enough ?
                Look here for the radios:

                http://www.argentdata.com/products/radios.html