RE: [BPQ32] RE: [LinBPQ] LINBPQ SYSOP and SP titles ?

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
      The rationale behind the request was that if the title contents were blocked
      from public view, no questions about the message would be asked (Out of
      sight, out of mind) ... FBB thought it was a good idea (I keep plugging this
      *Sigh) ..

      I've always told my radio users that nothing sent over radio is 'private',
      so totally agree with your comment Andre ...

      As I said earlier, lets drop it - no need to mince this into fine pieces ...
      I'll take the silly questions from my users (they are 'my' users *Smile) ...
      Thanks for all the comments regardless ....

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      > Yes... short, but honest. Leave it like it is....
      > K.O. n0kfq
      > On 3/9/2013 8:36 AM, John Wiseman wrote:
      >>
      >> It could of course be done, but I really don't see the point.
      >> Any comments from other sysops?
      >> 73, John

      I don't see the point either, thinking that a message send over the air is
      either private or secure is an illusion. even when send compressed they are
      easy to intercept and reconstruct.

      --
      73 Andre PE1RDW
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013

        Hi Yea I thought of that after I wrote that.. I knew that I used to play around with WInpack..

        We are lucky in this time to have a Packet Programmer who is actively supporting his system.. There are a few, but just a few…

        I saw no harm in asking or even discussing your request.. please do not stop on my account…

        73 Jerry

        I am hoping to be someday a pensioner myself.. Still have about 14 Years to go.. barring any winning lottery tickets… lol

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013

          The WinPack author died some years back .. Other software authors have just gone on to other things and left the ‘latest’ software for others to pick up …

          It would appear that my request regarding the title content blocking hasn’t caught anyone’s interest therefore I hereby withdraw same (might as well sound like a lawyer *Grin) ..

          I’m running LinBPQ version ’98 and I ticked the box where any message sent to the BBS callsign is changed and sent to the Sysop’s call – works well – thanks John ..

          73, Dick ZS6RO