RE: [BPQ32] Re: Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my area.

    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 16 6:38 AM
      I may be wrong, but I think that the 1278 is a single port TNC with the the ability to select an HF or VHF modem (like the TNC220), not a dual port TNC with separate HF and VHF channels, like the KAM.

      Regards

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 16 6:44 AM
        That would explain it John. Thanks. I guess I need to fire up the PK900.

        Dave

        I may be wrong, but I think that the 1278 is a single port TNC with the the ability to select an HF or VHF modem (like the TNC220), not a dual port TNC with separate HF and VHF channels, like the KAM.

        Regards

        I have been watching your messages about using two ports with BPQ. I
        run an old KAM with BPQ and both ports work just as they are suppose
        to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@kb8dm. com I will
        take a look at it and compare it to my configuration file.

        Again as always your must complile the txt file into bin.

        Karl

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "David Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

        > OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just
        going to
        > make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.
        >
        > I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a
        second
        > port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one
        to "B"
        > to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It
        still
        > uses
        > the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.
        >
        > This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel.
        > guess it doesn't work for a 1278?
        >
        > 73 Dave
        >

        > _____

        Behalf Of K.O.
        > Higgs
        > Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:22 PM
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. com
        > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my
        area.

        > To shut down bpq, I exit fbb then right click on the bpq icon,
        select
        > bpq.exe, click on
        > the red X.
        >
        > K.O.
        >
        > David Calder wrote:
        > >

        > > It's still in the task bar. How do I shut it down? Re-booting is
        not
        > > an option as there is two DX Cluster nodes on this machine.
        > >
        > > What's the name of the process? Anyone know? I'll end it.
        > >
        > > Thanks for the fast response guys. This is great...

      • David Calder
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 16 9:28 AM
          Karl. Thanks for the offer! It was the 1278. PK900 with two "separate"
          modems, did the trick.

          Thanks to ALL for the help the last two days. After 20 years of
          DOS FBB-BPQ and 16 bit FBB-BPQ, I'm finally in the 21st century.

          I'm sure going to miss those DRSI cards and external HF modems
          though.

          73 Dave