RE: [BPQ32] Problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2013
      Jerry,

      Connect Port Alias-1 should still work on normal ax.25 ports, so long as the port you are calling is also using a normal ax.25 port. If you are calling a Tracker or UZ7HO port, it probalby won't repond to the alias, with or without a -1. If you are using a Tracker or UZ7HO you can ATTACH the port before calling. A workround may be to get the far end to define a PORTCALL, and connect to that.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2013
        Hi John...

        Yea normal AX25 port the ones in question are my HF Skipnet ports ... Seems to still go thru the axip port...

        Let me do soem more testing tonight and tomorrow..

        Example I can manually connect from a terminal winodw to kc5cnt
        using c 11 kc5cnt

        and it connects right up via RF same for BBS Alias manually...

        If I Try kc5cnt from a scrpit it goes out via AXIP

        if I use HIS BBS alias it does nothing... Let me remove him readd him and see what happens.. in the Forwarding Script I have had them get corrupted before.. I have had them go blank as well.. I willd opube check when I get home.. This is same thing I am seeing with most of my forwarding partners on either of these HF KAM Ports..

        Maybe time to rebuild forwarding scripts from scratch...

        I bet I have some weird corruption going on....

        Thanks 73 jerry

        > Jerry,
        >
        > Connect Port Alias-1 should still work on normal ax.25 ports, so long as the
        > port you are calling is also using a normal ax.25 port. If you are calling a
        > Tracker or UZ7HO port, it probalby won't repond to the alias, with or
        > without a -1. If you are using a Tracker or UZ7HO you can ATTACH the port
        > before calling. A workround may be to get the far end to define a PORTCALL,
        > and connect to that.
        >
        > 73, John
        >

        > _____

      • Jerome K