Re: [BPQ32] new dual-port TNC about to come to market

  • David Bird
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2013
      John,

      I made the changes as shown in the updated instructions and set the script as executable. I also downloaded the current build 6.0.0.95 The pilinbpq now runs on startup as verified in the Desktop Task Manager.

      However, I cannot get the Web page to open on the local Desktop nor from an external browser and it does not respond to external telnet connections. It appears to start the connection but then just stalls. I tried shutting down and restarting a couple of times to see if it made any difference, it did not.

      I then manually Stopped and Killed pilinbpq via the Task Manager, had to Stop it to prevent the respawn, and then started pilinbpq manually via LXTerminal. The pilinbpq starts normally including Mail and Chat. There is a message at the end of the startup display as follows:
      bind (119) Failed Error 13; Permission denied

      But it does not appear to cause any problems. I close LXTerminal and then I can then connect to the Web page via local and external browsers and via MESH telnet. So pilinbpq appears to run fine when started manually but does not respond when run at startup.

      Thank you for your prompt replies.

      73, Dave
      WA7RYV