Re: [BPQ32] new dual-port TNC about to come to market

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7 8:43 AM
      I'm waiting to see who is first to come out with a unit that includes
      the embedded UHF data module... Faster. Cheaper. Smaller. That
      includes the radio... When we get 1 Watt of UHF data at 56K or
      better in the size of a mouse - that'll open up the medium range
      (better than WiFi) communications.

      Bill - WA7NWP

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

      > But you could do a dual port IGate now with a Raspberry PI and two TNC-PI
      > boards.
      > 73, John
      >

      > The big one definitely won't be in product in time for Dayton, but I'm
      > hoping to have a demo with the basic functionality working so we can
      > take pre-orders. It's a dual-channel TNC with Ethernet and will work as a
      > stand-alone IGate,
    • David Bird
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7 7:45 PM
        John,

        I made the changes as shown in the updated instructions and set the script as executable. I also downloaded the current build 6.0.0.95 The pilinbpq now runs on startup as verified in the Desktop Task Manager.

        However, I cannot get the Web page to open on the local Desktop nor from an external browser and it does not respond to external telnet connections. It appears to start the connection but then just stalls. I tried shutting down and restarting a couple of times to see if it made any difference, it did not.

        I then manually Stopped and Killed pilinbpq via the Task Manager, had to Stop it to prevent the respawn, and then started pilinbpq manually via LXTerminal. The pilinbpq starts normally including Mail and Chat. There is a message at the end of the startup display as follows:
        bind (119) Failed Error 13; Permission denied

        But it does not appear to cause any problems. I close LXTerminal and then I can then connect to the Web page via local and external browsers and via MESH telnet. So pilinbpq appears to run fine when started manually but does not respond when run at startup.

        Thank you for your prompt replies.

        73, Dave
        WA7RYV