[BPQ32] LinBPQ BBS 'export'

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013

      John, In LinBPQ I am trying to get the BBS to export a bulletin to a file in a directory … I get an error ‘Failed to Export File /HOME/LINBPQ/FILES/WW.OUT” … I have created the necessary directories (lower-case) – just didn’t create an empty file (ww.out) …

      In Linux (as you know), paths/filenames are case sensitive … By virtue of the error message showing the path/filename all in upper-case, does this mean LinBPQ is looking for upper-case path and filename(s) ??? .. I can’t go and change to upper-case as it goes against the ‘standard’ and will look odd …

      73, Dick ZS6RO

    • Peter - ZL2BAU
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
        On 07/03/13 02:22, Richard wrote:

        John, In LinBPQ I am trying to get the BBS to export a bulletin to a file in a directory … I get an error ‘Failed to Export File /HOME/LINBPQ/FILES/WW.OUT” … I have created the necessary directories (lower-case) – just didn’t create an empty file (ww.out) …

        In Linux (as you know), paths/filenames are case sensitive … By virtue of the error message showing the path/filename all in upper-case, does this mean LinBPQ is looking for upper-case path and filename(s) ??? .. I can’t go and change to upper-case as it goes against the ‘standard’ and will look odd …

        73, Dick ZS6RO

        Hi Dick,

                   I use,      FILE WW.TXT

        Regards ..... Peter

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
          Peter,

          I've uploaded a new version (.95) that maintains the case of the FILE parameter.It also fixes the missing CTEXT on most RF connects

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013

            Peter, I chatted to John and he came out with version 95 which corrected the problems I had – One can enter upper/lower case for the paths and directory making it more in line with Linux standards …

            I wanted to place all the files into a separate directory, not in LinBPQ’s root – too messy …

            73, Dick ZS6RO

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
              On 07/03/13 10:58, Richard wrote:

              Peter, I chatted to John and he came out with version 95 which corrected the problems I had – One can enter upper/lower case for the paths and directory making it more in line with Linux standards …

              I wanted to place all the files into a separate directory, not in LinBPQ’s root – too messy …

              73, Dick ZS6RO

              Hi Dick,

                         All ok, now running 6.0.0.95

              Regards ..... Peter